1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helo ride at VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

My sister in-law is a nurse at Duke and stopped in to see Scott’s parents and to check on his status. He is currently sedated and will be for the next day or so. All his major body functions are looking very good and he is currently out of the critical first 48 hours for the head trauma. There is still slight bleeding but no additional swelling based on the several CAT scans he has been having. He is scheduled to go in for facial surgery today to work on the broken bones.

He is on a respirator because of the medically induced sedation and will have tracheotomy placed in his throat for the facial surgery so breathing will not be an issue while they are working on him. He is expected to stay in ICU for the next week, give or take a few days. As of right now, he is expected to make a full recovery but it will take a very long time.

He has hardware on the outside of his leg to set the broken bones. They are going to have to go back in to do some follow up work but the major part is done for now.

His parents are staying until Tuesday or Wednesday and will come down on the weekends. My sister in-law’s church is working on sending them food and having someone just come in to talk with them so they aren’t alone through all this.

She is going to try to give me updates as she hears them and she let his parents know he has MANY people praying for his recovery and for them through this ordeal.

2. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Cannoli, Thanks for the insider update. Get well soon Mook.

3. deanbosch

deanbosch user title

Anything I can do please let me know, I'm very close to Duke.
    All the best Rosey we all know your a fighter!

4. jbraslins

jbraslins Active Member

I live in Wake Forest. It's prolly about 40 mins from Duke. If you dont find any more optimal place to stay, PM me, you're welcome to use a room at our house for as long as you need.

5. TWkeydet

TWkeydet Well-Known Member

thoughts go out to Keith and Scott. Take Care and Heal quick !!

Thoughts and prayers for the family to have strength through all .

I am just south of York if Keith needs a little help with anything let me know !!

thomas #890

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm glad he'll heal but I really wish it was as simple as what I thought it initially was and told his wife at the track :( He's another tough ass dude too because he wasn't looking anywhere near as hurt as he obviously is.

7. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Get well soon guys.

8. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Cannoli:

Thanks for the update and being a friend to our friend while he's away. It means alot to all. :up:

Keith Reed

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Never a problem. Scott is a great guy. :up:

10. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

To Scott's family

We are also in the area (about 35 miles from Duke) and would be happy to let you stay in our guest room as needed while looking after Scott. I also have an extra car that I will let you use while in town. If someone directly in touch with the family would let them know and then let me know if they are interested, we can put it together.

Good luck and we wish you the best Scott.

Hope Keith gets to feeling better soon too, both are great guys.

11. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

:up:

12. goodmatt2002

goodmatt2002 Well-Known Member

I will let the family know of all your generous offers, and will arrange things between the parties, if they feel comfortable with accepting the help.

13. ayotte6pc

ayotte6pc Ding Fries are Done

Mook, My thoughts are with ya homie. I know your ass will be getting out of this in no time and youll be coming back to racing like a severely pissed off yellow jacket! In time, as you read this particular post from your hospital bed, please know a couple things.... Know that:

Matt and I continued to annoy Tony with Snoring and the PSP is a snore deterrent!

We got your RV and stuff home safely. I tried to drive it like you but theres something unnerving about driving a 100 ton RV over 90 MPH for 8 hrs when youre not used to it.

The bike isnt that bad, seriously.

And this is the biggie. Hopefully you read this in time... After getting to your place after the drive, something in your kitchen may or may not have been in my butt. Just putting that out there.

HAHAHA! Get well soon Mook!

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates everyone. Had a very unproductive day at work worrying about these fellas.

I know they are both still in rough shape, but glad things seem to be moving in the right direction for them.

Anyways, lots more positive thoughts coming your ways Kieth and Scott. Get well soon.

15. SMcIntyre

SMcIntyre Active Member

I don't come here often but as soon as I heard the news about Scott (which was five minutes ago and I needed to remember my password) I knew this was the place to be. Thank you for all the updates and I'm crossing my fingers he'll be okay. I know he has a great circle of friends in Pittsburgh, but if he needs anything taken care of on the home front I'm an hour (+/-) from his home. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. This is such a bummer but I'm glad the word is good right now.

Stephani McIntyre

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Hoping for nothing less then a full recovery for both Scott and Keith. Spent a little time with Scott in the garage Friday night - he's as cool as they get, and a very good dude.

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Dude! LMAO:beer:

18. SVRacer183

SVRacer183 Mr. Slate

Prayers from my family to Scott and Keith.

Mook is one of the toughest guys I've ever met so I know he'll come out of this fine.

Special thanks to Matt for all he's done, you are the best man.

Ken

19. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Member

Thoughts and Prayers to both riders and their families,

I don't know Keith, but met Scott at Mid Ohio last year after chatting with him on the Triumph675.net and NESBA forums. I posted a lik to this thread on the NESBA forum a couple of days ago as soon as I heard about this incident.

As a fellow 675 rider, I spent some time bugging Scott for some information on his quick shifter setup in the upper paddock at Mid Ohio and he was so kind to take the time to talk to me about it in the middle of a race weekend. Needless to say, I was very impressed by how willing he was to chat with me.

I hope all goes well for both of these guys and will keep them in my thoughts and prayers...

Jeff

20. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

Heal Up quick Rosey!!

I thought the worst when I rode by and saw him on the ground face down not moving.
    Thanks for the updates glad to hear he is doing alot better than I initially thought.