1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite racing game ever?

Discussion in 'General' started by matt_2006_gix, Mar 17, 2009.

1. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

MX vs. ATV untamed

2. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

I'm going to go as far as saying the SNES Mario Kart may be one of my favorite games PERIOD! That game took me through 2 years of high school, 3 years of college (got a new version soph year) and then a solid 2 years after college. Me and my roomate would stay up till 3 a.m. on work nights cracking out on it!

Gotta get Donkey Kong sliding!

3. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

Motoracer-out about 10-12 years ago. You could race against a ghost of your fastest lap.

4. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

world superbike 2001, easily

5. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

forza 2

6. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Pole Position II, original arcade version. For consoles.. I just love the way Tourist Trophy bikes handle, but Forza 2 is simply the best.

I hear the new WSBK game is pretty damn good.. gonna have to check it out but if Spies doesn't win every race I'm calling bullshit! :D

Oh.. and I'm a game designer in real life.. so this is kinda work research for me :)

7. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

Hang On. the original. in the arcade with the brakes and throttle. Another quarter away from being a Grand Prix Star.

[​IMG]

8. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

For the most part, sim racing games don't do that well compared to arcade style. We're racers on this board so your research should be done on gaming forums as we're likely to give you the wrong impressions.

Motocross Madness 2 and ATV Offroad Fury were much more realistic in the Alpha stage than they were in the release stage due to the fact that the majority do not want true simulations. So while we may say that Superbike 2001 is the best bike game ever made, and GPL is the best racing sim ever made, they were both commercial flops.

Motocross Madness was a good racing game, that catered to everyone by allowing a few tweaks to the physics code to make it more fun. The lead designer is a friend of mine and I spent alot of time at the studio with him and saw first hand what they could do, and also why they dumbed it down to make it accessable to the average 13 year old. The dude was putting out consistant hits for years with that recipe. (Motocross Madness 1 & 2, ATV Offroad Fury 1 & 2, Splashdown, the original MX vs ATV as well as Unleashed. He left before they came out with the pile of crap that is Untamed.

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Oh ya..MM2...great game.

Also, if I had to judge a bike racing game based on how may hours I spent laughing my ass off while playing it with friends, it's Road Rash, hands-down.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

not much of a gamer, but the brother gave me MotoGP 08 for Xmas and really have had fun with it....also the Dakar rally game is pretty fun too.

my 2 cents.:up:

11. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

The original PGR on the original Xbox circa 2001.. the powerslides and Kudos were over the top. I've never played a racing game that much.

I'm also a fan of PGR 2&4 (3 Sucked). GT3 & Tourist Trophy on the PS2. Still have yet to play Dirt, Grid, Pure or Forza 1&2.

Motorcycle racing games usually suck.. I've hated every MotoGP game released on the 360. But I just picked up SBK Championship for the Xbox360. Which is nothing but Superbike '08 that came out in Europe last year. Bayliss is actually on the cover on his 1098R. Game just released last week on 3/10.

Superbike '09 is to be release 5/10. But it remains to be seen if the game will be a Europe only release. I imagine with the popularity of Ben Spies.. they will release the game in America too. I dont see how you have a guy who will probably be on the cover, is undefeated in Superpoles, and has won 3 of 4 races.. and NOT release the game in his OWN country.

12. MotoGP GP '08 for the PS3

Suzuki Superbikes II (PS2 game, but i play it on the PS3)

Tourist Trophy

13. Executiveone98

Executiveone98 Well-Known Member

I've played the last motogp that came out on the regular xbox and at that time it was a great game. then bought the 07 and 08 and still was a good game but they didnt change it much. Game play are similar or the same but no real enhancements or upgrades that i notice. I bought the SBK 08 and man this game is great. The realism is unbelievable and you can adjust it to your liking. The detail to the bike and riders are great. The whole practice, qualifying, superpole, warm up, and race 1 & 2 is superb. Go and get this game. I got it for the xbox360 as it is compatible to 1080p instead of the ps3 which go to 720p or 1080i

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i enjoy all the car racing games for the xbox 360 pgr series and the forza series i have the steering wheel (controllers suck for car games) with the foot controls so i like the driving games, i suck at fps games

one of my favorites from back in the day (console games) was centipede and tempest (yes i feel old)