1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEWARE OF JAMES WHITE / WWR Designs

Discussion in 'General' started by badgsxr, Mar 11, 2009.

1. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

...has anyone seen or know James White's whereabouts?

I have tried for almost 12mo's to be patient and bite my tongue regarding James White & WWR Design. Enuf is enuf!!

HERE'S MY STORY:
    I contacted James in April 2008 after seeing his custom paint work in a magazine. We spoke a few times about the details of my project bike and then he committed to custom carbon wrap & paint my bodywork in an estimated 4-6 wks.
    He demanded that I pay him half up-front before he started the work.
    In my phone conversations with James he came off as genuine, nice & amiable.
    I paypal-ed James $1700 as deposit on May 24th 2008 and sent him my GSXR-1000 bodywork to carbon wrap and paint.

I spoke to James on the phone a few times in the beginning and then it moved to just email correspondence.
    In almost every email since July 2008, James was just about to start the paint work and that he was going to contact me tomorrow.

July 17, 2008 he started work on a carbon front fender, i rec'd it Oct 7, 2008.

I have not heard from James or Ryan since an email dated Sept 2, 2008.

James responded to a friend of mine on Feb 3, 2009, in which he stated
    1-he had regained possession of his shop,
    2-he does have possession of my parts,
    3-he wanted to finish my project and
    4-that he needed my contact info.

I then phoned his shop & left my contact info on the voice-mail, I emailed him my contact info, I even posted my contact info on this forum were he read & responded to my friend's request just days earlier.
    It has been a lil more than a month and there has been no response from James.

I now want to file a civil complaint against James White & WWR Design.
    Any info regarding James White is greatly appreciated.

2. caferace

caferace No.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

wow.. not again:down: He had a decent biz but has had some troubles.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Ouch

5. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

...I've xperienced business hurdles and I'm certain there are more to come.
    But U hav to take responsibility, talk to me like a man, he could atleast send my parts back, I offered to pay for the rtn shipping.

...Melk-Man, there is a post on JenningsGP regarding WWR Design, I tried to post a reply but was unable to join the site. Do u hav any info on how to join?

Thnx.

:beer:

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You're much more patient than I would ever be. Let's face the facts, though, if you've tried to contact him for 12 months to no avail, you will never get your money back absent legal action. Research his company and determine whether he's incorporated or is a sole proprietor. Find his agent for service of process. Go to the small claims court and ask for assistance in filing suit, you will usually be required to first send a certified letter demanding payment.

When he fails to pay up after sending your demand letter, you file suit. If he doesn't show up to court you'll receive judgement in your favor by default. You can then take the judgement to a collection agency and do such fun things as place liens against bank accounts and real property in FL. Wage garnishment is also possible. If his company is incorporated and bankrupt you'll probably be SOL, but remember that it still might be possible to pierce the corporate veil and find him personally responsible for damages. You have nothing to lose by doing it.

Remember, he didn't give enough of a shit to even respond to you, let alone give you a cent or your parts back, so whether or not he's a nice guy or does good work is irrelevant. Show him the same courtesy he showed you and take legal action. I'd do it quick before he has a dozen judgements against him and no remaining assets to liquidate. Sue him for the money you gave him as well as the value of your parts, as well as negotiating in bad faith and anything else you can slap him with. The larger the number you're suing him for the more afraid he will be, and thus he'll be far more likely to just find a way to settle with you. People have a way of seeing things your way when you show them you're serious and know how to use the system to your advantage.

Edit: The Secretary of State and his County should have all the information you need on this guy since he had a registered business. You can probably get all the info you need by emailing them or filling out a form on their websites.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

badgsxr
    the site has been hit with a ton of spam, so many "new users" get deleted with all the fake users. Please email me [email protected] with your user name for that site so we don't delete it with the bulk of spam usernames. Will need to reregister.
    James has been hit or miss but that is no excuse when it comes to taking a good deal of money up front for a job.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  8. Stonemeer

Stonemeer Leave no second chance

Yes, his service was less than satisfactory for me as well.
    Bought a set of sebimoto skins from him. Claimed to be new. But pink under black and a patch spot. Gave me kawi fuel pump to go with GSXR tank. Took a long time to get a replacement. Costed me on return shipping. Shite happens i guess.

9. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I hear he's gone off the deep end. Lives at his shop now and wont answer the door.

10. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

...yeah, getting my money/parts back is prob not gonna happen. Knowing that he was soo far away, I tried to hold on, hoping he would deliver. He strung me out so long that getting paypal or my credit card company involved wasnt an option anymore.
    Just maybe noone else will get taken. I appreciate all the comments. It helps a lil to vent.

I'm still in the market for someone that can duplicate the endurance racer replica.

11. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

what is the shop address? has anyone seen him? does he go to any races?

12. SGVRider

You need to sue. He's not going to show up obviously, so you'll get a default judgement that you can use to recover your money. You'll never know if it'll work if you don't try, plus court fees aren't very much. If he owns a shop either he owns the property or he has income with which to pay the lease, so there's probably something that you can get. Don't give up yet!

13. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

That just plain sucks. Good luck on getting everything (either plastics or $$$) back man!

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I wouldn't be so quick to sue. You could end up paying more money in court fee's (to try and win.enforce/collect a judgement) than you have lost. I spent over $15k to sue some dirtbag and never saw a dime. If James is hurting that bad i find it unlikely getting a judgement against him will get you much. On a side note thought tell your tax guy about it and write it off on your taxes. I feel for everyone involved it's a shitty deal all around.

15. 713

713 Well-Known Member

The body work was new. I had it painted pink, yellow, and blue but never used the bodywork. It was very brittle and some of the pieces were cracked in places because I looked at them the wrong way. He probably fixed the flaws before he painted it for you. How has the bodywork held up for you?

For the people looking for him... Sorry I have not seen him around since early December.

John

16. jdwilliamson33

jdwilliamson33 Well-Known Member

He has screwed me also!!!

17. SGVRider

I agree that you have to carefully evaluate whether it's cost effective to go after someone, but in a small claims case like this would be it shouldn't cost him too much to go after the guy since lawyers aren't allowed. If it's true that he's living in his shop, well I feel for the guy, but that means that either he owns the property or is paying the rent, which means that there's real property to which a lien can be attached, or there's income coming in that can be gone after. If this guy is squatting in his own former shop, well fuck...

Badgsxr, there's a couple of things you need to do. Find out whether his business is incorporated or a sole-proprietorship, find the records on his current shop and determine who the legal owner of the property is, if he's renting maybe you could call the landlord and surreptitiously inquire about his tenant, some landlords are very unprofessional and may let something slip, the landlord's tone of voice about the guy should help clue you in as to whether or not he's paying on time. You could pretend to be an old friend looking for him, be chatty.. This should help you determine whether to bother filing.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

This just sucks all around, he seemed like a great guy when times were better. Painted stuff for a lot of people I knew. I think we all know how bad things have gotten for a lot of people. I can't defend his actions but from my encounters with him he seemed like the type of guy to try and make good even if it's years latter.. "my name is Earl style" one can only hope. But then again when you hit rock bottom sometimes there just isn't any going back. Only time will tell

19. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

I'm suffering with the economy as well. I dont hav $1700 and a set of plastic to throw away...my bike has been down since this started.
    so r u sayn that he lost his moral compass wen he suffered a set-back.
    i might be broke but I pray I dont become a jerk for the lack of a better word.
    i am willing to pay to hav my parts rtn'd to me, project unfinished.

James just giv me my **** bak, how hard is that?!

No hard feelns Notbostrom.

20. badgsxr

badgsxr Active Member

do u kno the new address?