1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good old Catholic Church...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Mar 9, 2009.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  3. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Hum, except for where you titled this link, where did it say that God is cool with the stepfather raping anybody and doctors and mom are going to hell? I just didn't see it as clearly as your interpretation suggests. To me it seems you might be someone who has issues with religon or the church.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Ya think?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mom would have been in the clear if step daddy had used a condom. Daddy would still have gotten the boot.

6. Crashfest

Crashfest Guest

Allowing a 9 year old to carry a pregnancy to term is as much child abuse as the rape.

7. Robert

The Pope is God's apostle, and as such is incapable of error. If his Cardinal says the girl's life shouldn't have been saved...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well the priests are the mouthpiece for god right? The pope is gods spokesman on earth. So what other conclusion can you draw if the rapist wasn't excommunicated but the doctors and mother were?

For that matter, the Vatican is very definitely on the side of rapists being cool as they didn't excommunicate any of the priests banging altar boys, hell they didn't even defrock them.

So come on, find me another logical conclusion that can be drawn given the information...

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Does the Archbishop represent the church?

10. Robert

If you are anti-abortion but aren't Roman Catholic and don't believe in papal infallibility, then do you dismiss what the church says and boil it down to a purely numerical decision, the lives of two infants v one 9-year old's?

Does the fact that if she did survive her children would also be her siblings, enter into it?

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Isn't it pathetic how a group of men can set themselves up as an entity that speaks for God, and do some of most stupid things ever thought up? Priests can screw little boys, and just get moved around to "new digs", and yet this little 9 year old girl is expected to possibly die giving birth to twins and it's ok with the church. :down:

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

So sad. :(

13. Robert

My father was an Anglican priest. If I was religious I would thank god for Elizabeth I. :D

14. lrrs517

The pope is gods spokesman? Church and religon are self appointed spokemans for the church. Hint: Kneel and pray to God direct. Cut out the middleman. You know and I know raping is a sin. You and I know that rapist will go to hell. Excommunication is a "church" thing/position. For me, I go to church and I consider my church as local, among my friends and family, as a matter of fact I have never given a dime to the bishops fund. I do not care about the pope or anything else but my local down the street church. You are a smart person and you do not need the vaticans approval or disaproval. Worship and believe and love God as you deem fit. Forget the higher-up self appointees and you will be better off. Just don't confuse spirituality and God and knowing right and wrong with what others do and say.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's amazing that you can post all that and yet be too dense to realize that my post was sarcastic criticism of the Catholic Church.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now what does ANY of that have to do with the Roman Catholic Church excommunicating people?

Did you actually pay a damned bit of attention to anything that was posted?

17. lrrs517

Yes, he represents the church in a regional way. He doesn't represent God to me and a lot of Catholics.

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Why would it? It worked for Adam and Eve and their children.

19. lrrs517

My point is exactly that. The pope/church/bishop/priest/etc. has exactly nothing to do whatsever with God. This is great. Doubleteaming me. I love it.

20. lrrs517

You mean you were being "wry"?