1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotwired 08 R6

Discussion in 'General' started by downingc, Mar 9, 2009.

1. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Hey, if he bought it on a home (errr...) barracks equity loan, it won't require full coverage..

If you're on a base of any size, there should be an auto shop with someone knowledgeable.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Oh yeah, what Base also.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think this is the first thing in this thread that I believe.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Feel the love brethren and cistern!

5. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

No one is going to tell him how to start a hotwired bike.

Now there's a second thing you can believe. :D

6. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

If you bump start it it will fire. It may take over 30 tries though, so just keep at it.

7. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

It doesn't. I bought my Triumph that way when they had a 3.3% special or some such several years ago, and I never had full coverage.

8. Shane431

Shane431 Well-Known Member

Downingc.....look people on here are suspicious about your situation because it could easily be taken as someone looking for info to steal a bike. Just post your VIN on here and someone will check it out to make sure it's not stolen then probably send you a PM to help you out if they can. Also, the whole situation doesn't help that you only have like 7 posts. Not that I have that many more :)

9. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

Yeah,agreed. DowningC,i can say that i do believe you,cause the same thing happened to me 8yrs ago,with my bike. Thieves got it,and luckily it was recovered the following day,and the thieves arrested(great story BTW). I had a loan on the bike,and didn't have full coverage also(DUMB,DUMB). There was damage like yours,and i had to pay to get it fixed,although the thieves did make full restitution,as part of the plea agreement. You not that lucky,your gonna be stuck paying for it. Thank your lucky stars they didn't get away with the R6,otherwise your paying on a machine you don't own..Also,REPORT IT TO THE POLICE!!!! There could be a string of this in the area,and could prompt the cops to seriously investigate. The arrests,in my case,led to the breaking up of a large thieft ring! 40+ scumbags arrested!

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

It's not _that_ dumb not to have insurance, depending on how old you are and where you live. In some places, if you'r eunder 25 and you want to get full coverage on a new sport bike, it costs around 30% of the purchase price/year for the insurance. F that...I'll gamble. If I make it 18 months w/o losing it I've almost broken even v. insuring it for the duration.

11. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

I hear you,Dave,and that was the deal with me at the time. They wanted like 4,000$ to insure my r6,at the time. I just couldn't afford it,i took the gamble and almost lost big. Thankfully it was recovered,and i wasn't stuck paying on something i didn't have anymore.

12. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

So you've repaired the cut wires and everything works but it won't start?
    Can you post pics of the damage/repairs??

13. Waltzy

Waltzy Well-Known Member

......hmmmmmm still no VIN posted.....

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I wonder why. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would anyone post their vin for you goofballs?

16. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

To prove it's really a custom built Lucky Strike RGV?

Oh wait, wrong thread

17. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:crackup:

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

So they can check and make sure the bike isn't stolen before the information that be can found very easily in a repair manual is given out.

19. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

my 07 is financed and I only have liab.. mY 05 Kawi 636 was financed through kawi and I only had to have liab. Honda is the only one that required it anymore.

Stupid? Yes, possible? YES

20. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

So did ya get it started yet?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009