1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spies Teammate

Discussion in 'General' started by cgordon3, Mar 3, 2009.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Just curious, and if it has been mentioned already, I apologise for the repost.

Does anybody else kind of find it humourous/ironic that Ben's teammate is carrying the #66 plate?

I just thought that it is kind of funny.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Sykes ran 66 during his time in BSB as well.

Coincidence.

3. cgordon3

Still kinda funny...

4. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

I thought they had already chosen Scott Rosey for Spies team mate but had to go else where due to the double bubble thing?

5. :clap:

:D

6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yeah i noticed it, lol. i am sure the irony isn't lost on him either. he must have seen it the first time, and been like "WTF?" lol.

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

every time I see Spies on that yammi it makes me smile. He is running that number out of respect for his best friend who was killed in turn 8a at Texas World.

RIP Ryan Smith.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. tito

tito Well-Known Member

i didn't notice that, but kinda of makes you smile doesn't it?
    and big props to spies for running his buddies number in remembrance of him

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Did Mike Hale run #19 or 23?

10. glenndavis06

glenndavis06 Member

wsb race 1 and 2

any one know where i can go to watch the wsb races on line since the dumn ass web site will post the results but not that race ?????

11. Qatar Rider

Qatar Rider Well-Known Member

IM SURE ITS COOL to see his teammate hold the same race/number of his X yoshi mate Mladin but theres no way compare between sykes or mladin mladin is just Way top

12. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

I thought it was hysterical when I first saw it. dude just can't get away...:D

13. CALR1

CALR1 Well-Known Member

that is awesome

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Both. 23 with Honda, 19 with Ducati.

15. cgordon3

Be a neat picture if Sykes and Spies ever finish one two...

16. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Race 1
    mms://infrontsp.wmod.llnwd.net/a1386/o16/Free/WorldSBK/2009/BlockUS/20090314_SBK_LOSAIL_RACE1_FR.wmv

Race 2
    mms://infrontsp.wmod.llnwd.net/a1386/o16/Free/WorldSBK/2009/BlockUS/20090314_SBK_LOSAIL_RACE2_FR.wmv

just copy into your browser, and windows media player will open and start playing. :up:

17. Nine29

Nine29 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links! :up:

18. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

If I have my facts straight, that turn used to have a wall very close to the exit, but that was was removed using donated funds, equipment and labor, by a group organized thru the CMRA.

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Also, the first comment Haga said was "Im tired", i think THATS what he was referring to in the "im 10 years older than" comment. And i think he was very serious when he said that, laughing about it yes, but it was one of those "theres truth in humor" type things.

20. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

~90ยบ off-camber, right-hand turn w/ a barrier lined with tires in the "run off" area.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009