Brake Fade

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RoadKillMafia, Mar 1, 2009.

1. RoadKillMafia

RoadKillMafia Well-Known Member

I usually get superbike braided lines and upgrade to race compound pads but I get the brake fade sure enough., Do I need to go with a Brembo MC? Is it the way I ride? what's doing this? is it the fluid or pads overheating. Help a brother out!

2. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

what bike?

3. RocketRider911

RocketRider911 Well-Known Member

have you tried motul's rbf 600 brake fluid?

4. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

Pads and fluid, what brand/compound/boiling point?

5. RoadKillMafia

RoadKillMafia Well-Known Member

it was on my 05 kawi 636 and gsxr 06 750, ebc dual compound pads, galfer superbike lines, motul fluid. I currently building my new bike: 2008 CBR600: Galfer superbike lines, Galfer Carbon pads, Brembo MC 19X18. I'm hoping that this combo should be the way to go.

6. dschumann

dschumann why bother...

The motul needs to be changed after each race weekend in my experience. Works great, doesn't last. That's what cured my brake troubles.

7. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

I used to change out the motul brake fluid several times EACH weekend to maintain resistance to fade.

8. Fairchild

Fairchild Well-Known Member

Sounds like sticking caliper pistons to me.

9. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

i had a really bad fade problem on my gixxer 1000 for a while. the calipers were sticking and the pads were rubbing a lot which heated everything up quickly, once that was solved the problem went away mostly. o and i have galfer super bike lines with stock master cylinder.

good to know about changing the fluid that often tho. wonderd why it seemed to fade after a race and a track day.