Tommy Hayden is does a 1:24.8 at Cal Speedawy .

Discussion in 'General' started by amafan, Feb 3, 2009.

1. amafan

amafan Banned

Tommy Hayden does a 1:24.8 at Cal Speedawy .

On his first day of testing the 2009 GSXR 1000 Tommy Hayden already lapped faster then he did in both Superbike races at Cal Speedway last year . Tommy Hayden's fastest hand timed lap at the test was a 1:24.8 ,and his fastest lap in the 1st race last year at Cal Speedway was a 1:24.921 , and his fastest lap in last years 2nd race was 1:24.836 . Tommy Hayden finshed 3rd in both races last year at Cal Speedway , and his 2009 bike has not even in race trim yet , so 2009 could be a great year for Tommy Hayden .

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. gix

gix jigga who?

i think someone has a crush on hayden

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

nah, amafan has a mancrush on ben bostrom..........get it right.

4. wsmc834@hotmail

wsmc834@hotmail mikee martin

how fast was matt?

5. amafan

amafan Banned

I do not have a crush on anybody , I just respect the best riders in the country , and they happen to be the same factory riders that were the fastest 10 years ago .

6. amafan

amafan Banned

Cycle News only gave Tommy Hayden's time , they did not give Mat Mladin's time ,or Blake Young's time . Tommorow the factory Yamaha team , the Graves Yamaha team ,the Corona and Erion Honda teams , the Monster Attack Kawasaki team , and the Pegram Ducati team will also be testing at Cal Speedway .

7. wsmc834@hotmail

wsmc834@hotmail mikee martin

thanks. i will be watching JH on th 09r1

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

hand time dont mean squat. i appreciate the info but they could say he ran a 23.9 who knows? just the man with the watch. tryin to shake up the comp

9. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

yea, how do they not have $150 for a laptimer? i know we're in a recession, but damn!

10. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

I thought they only have Neil now... how is that a team?

11. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

The mechanics, crew chief, etc. combined with JH, the whole works isn't considered a team?

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

No need to bash him for that post. That's pretty wild. Suzuki will still dominate the class this year, but it sure would be awesome to see someone else fight with Mladin!

13. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I wonder if the bikes would pass tech.

14. FUZION

FUZION Well-Known Member

I think Bostrom and Hayes may be able to race with Mladin.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Only if MM's bike is kept legal all season.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Josh can run with Mat no problem and I think the R1 should be good this year.

17. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Lets hope.

18. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

Id like to see some pictures if anyone has some. Haven't seen much other than the RW post about them testing.

OP states the bikes arent even in race trim. Im really wondering how this is going to affect the season. Seems like they just got the go ahead, how much time to you need to prep these bikes, not to mention is a new model this year.

Either way, ill be pulling for Mat again this year. :)

19. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Bombshell

Twin Elf hand timed at the AYCE Buffet in the 1:23's. Take that Tommy! And you to AMAfan!! :moon:

20. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

fingers are crossed!