Hey East Coast Track Junkies and first timers

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

oh and

as for ROb L & Moe being "pretentious self righteous squids".
    Well, Moe is nice, and there is no WRIF with what club he rides..

As for Rob L. Well, I would love to joke with him and bash him here, but I don't think he owns a computer, and knows how to get here to reply so it wouldn't be that much fun...

So lets leave these guys out and talk about DUTCH instead...
    -Lee

Last edited: Nov 13, 2002
  2. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

I have no problem with lee, TPM, Reduc, or any club or racing organization for that matter. But if I said, WERA is a bunch of "pretentious self righteous squids" I think you and many others would take exception.

3. NESBA

NESBA Member

I would have to agree with Lee, every club has its issues. Glen runs a great organization; he has a lot different things going on, not to mention he is a great guy. NESBA has a great crew and the Directors do an outstanding job at running the events, but of course I’m a little biased. Reduc, also runs a great show from what I hear never been to an event.

But for someone to blast an organization, whether its NESBA, TPM, Reduc or any other org, without substantiating the issue, or identifying yourself so that the issue can be cleared up is just plain ignorant.

So if anyone decides to bash NESBA, TPM or Reduc, at least give the administrators the opportunity to address the issue, if there really is one. And if you hide behind the anonymity of the BBS, it really proves your concerns/criticisms are completely unsubstantiated

Bob Blandford
    President
    NESBA

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Re: oh and

That would be better and more to talk about.:D

5. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

i did not make my judgement from "one bad experience" i am a very saftey consience rider and decided i will never ride w/ nesba again as a result of numerous "infractions" and a bit of lack of communication . rob l is a great guy , he actually took his b bike apart to give me parts so i could finish my day out(didn't have to do that) and i trust him w/ my life on the track ( i trusted axel dydula too but you fired him, why , he was the most helpful c/r i have ever worked w/). i did not mean that everyone at nesba is a prick . (big steve seems to be pretty level headed) if you are and you know it thats your perogative and it's cool, but it the few that don't that scare me . "aka" no passing in the kink at vir s means just that and your c/r does it to me repeatedly even after a "discussion" man my head was over the curbing and he was loose wild and barley makin it (the only place he could catch my slow fat outta shape drunk ass on my even slower bike, i believe he had 35-40 hp on me) so don't take it personally unless that was you. i highly respect your efforts to "protect your clubs interests" but i think that there may be more here than you are aware of (back to lack of communication) i have had things happen to me w/ reduc and tpm too but they always seem to get resolved (that "squid" told me "i know what i'm doin' " my reply was "yeah, pissin me off" if you recognise this, than it is you and it's all your fault ok). i brought 7 members to nesba and 5 of them have had "saftey or human relations issues " w/ them as well and will be joining tpm next year so maybe you guys need to do a little reflecting on the way really treat saftey and the way you treat the customers (once i was pitted next to some c/r guys , they were talking about their freinds moms boat or something and when a nervous beginner asked for some coaching the one guy said "hey, were having a meeting here man!" later i saw that he had crashed , could this have been avoided?) was that you? this is just the tip of the proverbial "iceberg" . you know , it only takes one ( or more ) bad apple to spoil the bunch . i know i have an "abrasive personality" so i kept giving nesba more tries and it was difficult for me to come to this decision as i like most of the people there and a lot of friends ride w/ them too but i have the right to an opinion too so i will bash whomever i want for whatever reason i want and there is nothing you can do about it , got it!

6. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Re: Re: oh and

There is a lot of DUTCH to talk about literilly..
    Bad Dutch, no Dounut !

7. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

p.s. bob my # is 431 call me . when i tried to talk to the "administraters" about some of the issues i was blown off (probably because i was nearly irate) i will tell you whats going on but i will not be back!

8. NESBA

NESBA Member

What is 431? Member id or rider number, and if its rider number, that will not work i need you member id, or email me with your name and address.

Please lets take this off the WERA board. No need to communicate via their BBS when we have one of our own.

email me at [email protected]

9. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

10. NESBA

NESBA Member

Still have not heard from you!

Bob

11. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Thanks Lee, I sure didn't want to stir any S@#%t either. Just wanted some info on the days. For $100.00 I was conserned about safety and stuff like that. For $100.00 I'll by there.:D

12. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

TPM

I just went to the TPM link and I don't fit anywhere there. I guess I use'ta be a street rider, but I don't like it -- too dangerous. 3 trackdays is not "frequent" and I have a race bike (RC51)-- whatever that is. So what group do I fit in?
    btw, my NESBA days at BeaveRun were most excellent and a CR picked me up and showed me the lines on a 1-to-1. What more could you ask for?
    Now I wanta' race in the old fa@t class :p

13. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

Re: TPM

We would probably put you in the Red, or one up from begenner. Your bike is not the issue. If you are experienced enough and have no problem with some passing, and don't require as much lead around, you will do fine.

On the CR issue, had you find any of us at TPM events and request a lead around, I would lead you around the track, cater to your speed, and observe and analyze your riding with out after the session. There is more than just showing the lines :) we can tell you if you are following too

14. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I believe for oldguys we inflat the Airfence another couple PSI.
    LOL !
    just kidding...

I don't know if you need Airfence at CMP, but just in case TPM does bring it.
    -Lee

15. oldguy

psi

Now that's darn hospitable; a few more psi in the airfence for oldguys. Rats, if I wasn't having an early Thanksgiving I'd be at CMP in a heartbeat and take you up on some more 1-on-1. What's the schedule for 2003 -- did you ever do NFMP? Us East coasters just don't get enough riding time before the weather bites us in the butt, and if you haven't been to NFMP, it's a super track. I only walked it and I'm itchin' to get my 51 down there.
    You guys convinced me, I'm joining tonight!!!:D :D :D
    Can u b a red ryder on a silver bike?

16. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

You can be a red Rider on any color...

As for North FL. There is talk of a Winter Jan/Dec trip. Last year they got rain, for some of the dates. BUT !! This year maybe they will go

As for the 2003... That's going to be out in in Jan or Dec too..

Cheers Lee

17. oldguy

If you go in Jan, count me in. The checks in the mail for membership, but I don't have a sponsor:(
    Us NW PA guys are few and far between I think. Must be podunk city, my dealer doesn't even know what water wetter is. I need to be in shape for ROGUE at VIR in April:D :D

18. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

oldguy, do you know my brother Craig? He is part of the Rogue group.

19. oldguy

ROGUE

Not yet-- I'm an oldguy/newguy and just got my RC51 a couple months ago. I rode it on a wet, cold BeaveRun and now I want to go South! I've decided on a STAR school, as well as others, so I can get my racing license next year; I'm late in the game and still want to have some fun before I pack it in. Is your brother going to VIR? Trackdays rock!

20. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

TPM is going to be at BEAVER RUN 2003 a LOT... So you can also hook up with us there too. Look for DAFAN or Me.

As for Dealers and RACE gear. My friend that I ride with needed new knee sliders, and went to a local deal to see if they had them. After spendin 20 minutes telling the guy what he wanted, and then going out to his car to get a used one, to show him, the guy behind the counter said "YOU'RE NUTS" Anyway, TPM has sliders for you too, at the track (Fair price too)

LOL