1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostroms in Moab

Discussion in 'General' started by tz_eric, Oct 11, 2008.

1. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Right now the Bostrom brothers are racing mountain bikes in the 24 Hours of Moab.

Ben is racing solo. Yep, I said solo. That's tough. :beer:

Czech it: http://www.grannygear.com/realtime/public/rider.php?action=display&person_id=1332

You can watch his progress here: http://www.grannygear.com/realtime/...php?class=M1&display_place_progression_flag=1

Eric is on a 5 person team: http://www.grannygear.com/realtime/public/rider.php?action=display&person_id=1337

It isn't as cool as a 24 hour motorcycle endurance race, but it's still pretty cool. :rock:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. random hero

random hero Banned

guys are hardass's... that race is NO joke

3. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

I thought Ben Spies was going to race also ???

4. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

5. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

WOW! Right behind Tinker Juarez to boot!
    That's an accomplishement!
    I wonder why the lamptime went from 1h22m to 2h53m?

6. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

Props to Ben Bostrom for sure, I have raced a few 24 hr MTB races and when I heard Ben say he thought he could pull top 3 solo I thought no way.

He's sitting 5th not far behind Tinker which is ridiculously impressive. Keep it up Ben.

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Kind of off topic but here in Virgin Utah (think Gooseberry Mesa area near Zion) RedBull had thier extreme air crazy downhill nuts thingie three miles from the house. I rode over to watch on Monday (Sunday was a rain out) and it was nuts! A 17 year old picked up $10,000 for the win.

BTW - How do you train for a 24 hour race?

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

get on a bike. ride for 24 hours? :D

9. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

Eboz is on a 5 person co-ed team, but Eboz's lap seems to be one of the if not the best laps so far, a 1hr 7 min lap which seems to be smoking. Spies did a 1hr 20 for his first lap which is cranking too I'm sure.

Wow...I could not imagine what Bboz is feeling right now...

10. smb428

smb428 Active Member

On a motorcycle the Bostoms are :bow: but on a MTB they are not match for me and Kris Turner who are going to issue them a personal challenge to race somewhere near Road Atlanta after the ama round there next year (assuming they stay racing here in the U.S.). Hopefully they have the spare time and the balls to accept cause I know their good and I would love to see what they've got first hand :Pop:.

11. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Does SUzuki make a mt bike yet?

12. banzai132

Looks like he had a bike breakdown on lap 10.
    Got pissed and went faster on lap 11.

13. banzai132

Like a pedaling zombie.

14. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Prove it.

In fairness, here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l7I4r2IS4Q

My little group rides in Austin w/ Schwantz from time to time (he's pretty good), and I'm sure we could arrange a tour of the good stuff for the Bostroms - same invite goes for you too. However, an ~8mph average over ~20 miles of that kind of stuff is required.

(...really just trying to bait tz_eric to come back here :D)

15. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Sucks ben had what looks like a mechanical.........he had the lap times for top 3

16. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

He finished fourth!!!! Geez, I wish I was in that good of shape...now where'd I put my beer??

17. double_d

double_d drag more than a knee

spies

I'm sure its way harder for Spies to ride than anyone else in the race being as his mom has to be on the bike with him.. I hear he's riding the two up ducati so his mommy can be on the back...

18. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

EBoz's team won their class - "5 Person Co-ed". :up:

(No, i didn't see Cindy Brady's name on the rider list.) :D

19. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

Basically a lot of saddle time, and getting in some morning and evening rides on the same day help. On a 4-man team its not too bad, you get maybe 4-5 laps each (~60 miles in 24 hrs).

My next 24 hr race is a solo of the 24 hrs of 7 springs next year. Wish me luck.

20. smb428

smb428 Active Member

Sent P.M.

Those trials look awesome!!!!