1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the opinionated...

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Oct 31, 2002.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Make some racing cash whilst filling out their crap, plus, half of you don't work at work anyhow...

http://www.getpaid4opinions.com/

I haven't done it yet, but if you can make $100 / hr, I'd spend a Saturday making $2400.

2. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

my opinion is this membership sucks. how much is your cut?:rolleyes:

3. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

If it were for real they would take a percentage of each form you filled out. More money for them and much more likely to have people sighn up.

4. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

actually, there are a lot of focus groups like this. Since my wife started working in a hospital, she's met a lot of nurses who make side cash doing this.

All sorts of freebee's and what not...not a bad deal.

BUT!!!

she's never been asked to pay a membership fee to do it

5. funksouljon

funksouljon Well-Known Member

Hmmm, perhaps it is just me, but if I was at home filling out surveys, I wouldn't be dressed up. T-shirt and boxers with drink in hand. Those people look too happy.

6. SClark

I didn't realize there was a membership fee. Screw that. I'm sure there's another one out there that doesn't charge.

Sorry, but there's no cut. (if there were, you'd see an additional parameter added to the end of the URL,
    i.e. ?UserID=TightSqueeze) or something like that.

If I were involved you'd know ahead of time what my involvement was. I thought it might be a good way for broke people, with free computer use, to make some tire money.

7. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Its a great way to make extra cash, that was a really good idea Steve. I'll talk to my wife, and get some links up here to the ones that don't charge.

Hope the collarbone is healing well.

Tex

8. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Why would a legitimate company need to charge you?? Aren't they already paid by their customers (assuming they have any).

9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yeah if you could that would be great Tex. I have a lot of free time at work and it would help pay for entry fees for the upcoming year!!!

10. SClark

Cool.

1 week down, 3 to 5 to go. Like Moran said, it's more of a nuisance than anything. And, since I can still type with it, I can't even get off work for it. :D

11. KMarquez

KMarquez Member

If I'm reading it right, in the first papagraph it explains that this is not the actual research company. This is a referral service that puts you in touch with companies needing these services. Therefore, you are paying them to give you their lists.

"GetPaidForOpinions is a Marketing Research Service designed to put people in contact with marketing companies who need their opinion! We have over 100 paid survey, focus group, and market research companies in our database. By signing up and becoming a member, you can access them all and get paid for your opinion! We update our database regularly and offer the most extensive list of companies who want to pay you for your time!"

12. Due North

So..........................they give you the names of marketing companies who may or may not have a use for you.

[sniff sniff] I smell a RIP OFF ! ! !

I do surveys for a company. The mail 'em to me with $5/$10 inside. If I feel like it I fill them out, if they're not relavant I don't.

13. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Whew...good thing nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you sign up!!!:p

I'd see if its a one time fee, how big, and whether or not they guarantee results....then I'd politely decline.:D

http://www.acop.com/

found this one above in 2 minutes...no sign up cost, no monthly fee's...they just match you to folks that might need your input.

the downside is you will gets lots of emails from groups.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2002
  14. Due North

Spammers paradise!!! :D:D:D:D

15. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Y'all don't need to make any extra money. Apparently, I'm such a sophisticated dude that I was entrusted by this Nigerian dude who is letting me get in on a deal that'll make me millions. My "dear friend" just sent me this e-mail. :)

>From the Desk of :

DR. ADEMOLA PHILLS.
    FAX NUMBER:234-9-2721756
    PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTS

URGENT

Dear Friend,

REQUEST FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION/ASSISTANCE

Through the courtesy of business opportunity and after a discreet but
    thorough inquiry. I write you this letter of request for partnership which I hope you will give your urgent attention. We worked as members of the Contract Review/Payment Committee inaugurated by Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We are empowered to deligently review , re-appraise, scrutinize and approve contract payments to contractors who executed contracts between 1990 - 2000.

In the course of our work we discovered this fund, which resulted from
    grossly over invoiced contracts, which were executed for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) by a consortium of several Foreign
    Companies like ABB LUMMUS,VANIMA SHIPPING, J.G.C. CORPORATION JAPAN, BOUYGUES OFFSHORE AND A JOINT VENTURES OF SPIEBATIGNOLES AND DRESSER GMBH FOR:

1. CONSTRUCTION AND LAYING OF TWENTY-SEVEN KILOMETRES (27KM) OF OIL PIPE LINE FROM ORON TO EKET.
    2. INSTALLATION OF TEN UNITS OF 861,000 LITERS TANKS FOR REFINDED OIL
    STORAGE IN PORT HARCOURT REFINERY ANNEX (70KM). AMOUNTING TO $21.5M UNITED STATES DOLLARS.

Amounting to the tune of US$253.5Million but was over invoiced to
    US$275Million. And we deliberately approved these payments and all
    contractors have been paid with these projects executed and since commissioned leaving the sum of US$21.5m floating in the escrow account of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) ready to be paid for the technical services of item number 2 as stated above.

Before digressing further I would want you to know that our Civil
    Service code of conduct forbids us from owning foreign companies or operating foreign accounts while in Government service hence we are contacting you to be part of this transaction. We intend to use you as a front to get the over invoiced amount of US$21.5Million out of the Government coffers to a designated account by you.

Not regarding your field of specialization (investment) you are going
    to forward us with any company name that we will claim executed the
    technical services in the Turn Around Maintenance of the refineries mentioned
    above or We can make use of your name in opening a company. All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for the smooth conclusion of the
    transaction within six to seven days of commencement after the receipt of a
    positive response from you. You are going to get 20% of the fund by posing as the beneficiary of this fund while my colleagues and I will get 70% and
    10% will be set aside for reimbursement to both parties for all expenses
    incurred locally and internationally during the realisation of this transaction,
    including telephone bills, as a matter of fact you are expected to take
    a sincere inventory of your telephone bills.

It is imperative to let you know that I am also a project engineer with
    the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (N.N.P.C). Despite researches
    carried out to verify and ascertain your personality we can only move ahead if
    you can further assure us of your transparent honesty, diligency and promise to help and treat this proposal with utmost confidentiality. We are men of
    proven integrity in our various fields who have put in 22 - 30years in the
    Civil Service of our country, we are therefore averse to having our image and
    career dented. That is why we should acknowledge the fact that confidentiality is the key to the smooth conclusion of this risk free transaction.
    NOTE: FOR CONFIDENTIALITY, I WILL ADVISE YOU REPLY ME ON MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL BOX ( [email protected]).

Awaiting your earliest positive response. Best regards and remain
    blessed

Yours faithfully,

DR.ADEMOLA PHILLS.

Yeah, when the deal goes down, I'll give all of y'all some tire and beer money. Y'all excuse me, cuz I'm gonna go out and max my credit cards out and then just pay the balances off when my check from Nigeria arrives. I rock! :D :cool: