1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst racing coverage ever

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Sep 14, 2008.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Actually that's the correct Castillan pronunciation of his name. He got one thing right. The attempt to pronounce Sylvain Guintoli was sad.

2. prwest

prwest Well-Known Member

yea...lol

Oh and why did they not show what place everyone finished at the end?

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

As well as Disflithsioso or however he pronounced it the first couple times.

4. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

well why don't we just bitch about everything? oh wait... we do. seriously some people need to grow up.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's how his name is pronounced.

I love all the whining as usual from a bunch of people that don't know what they're talking about. There was nothing wrong with the NBC coverage unless you went in with a fucked up attitude looking to bitch yet again...

6. jLUND

jLUND Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, what kind of tard statement is that???

He didn't even touch on the idea that it is because of his riding style... just that "uhh... there are a lot of doctors in Italy, a lot named Rossi... so, uh.. yeah... Valentino calls himself the doctor because, well, why not?..." WHAT?? LOL. Vale looked a little odd in his interview as well, kind of like wtf?

7. jLUND

jLUND Well-Known Member

I think he had a lisp, but with 'z'.. a Lizp?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He said plainly that Rossi himself said that comment about doctors at one point, so he was repeating what Rossi said. Imagine that.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I think Rossi was having a little fun with him on that one. And he took the bait.

10. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster Radical Freedom Fighter

Is it too much to ask for at least the finishing positions or points standing at the end or did I miss it. This seems like some basic production that just didn't occur. Come to think of it, I don't even remember seeing the grid positioning show up. I just ask for the minimum...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be - but does that make him horrible at his job? Not even close. Not to mention to the average viewer does it make a damned bit of difference? Hell, I'm not an average fan and I didn't give a crap about it.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You missed it. They may not have done the points, I'm not positive but they did do the final scoring. Part of the issue was the time crunch and the oddball ending, the production truck was scrambling I'm sure and then once they knew it wouldn't restart NBC had to switch over to the next show.

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

He's pathetic as a motorcycle announcer. I do give a crap, it makes a difference to me. I have done work for Speed and I do know what I'm talking about. I believe I'm entitled to that opinion just as you are. Drebber is far better, hell even Greg White screaming into the mike is better.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And once again you're bitching just to bitch. Are there better out there? Yeah, so what? There are a hell of a lot worse too.

I'm just floored with all that was going on on the track you guys sat there trying to pick shit to complain about later. I enjoyed one hell of a great race myself.

15. paul

paul just fast enough

Gey Bob Varsha and the gang from Formula 1. They are the best.

16. ScottyRock155

They did not show the pre-race grid, and that has nothing to do with the rain or weather.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The thing is it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who does it - people on here will still bitch. They bitch about every single person who has done the calls including the people they're saying to bring back. Personally I'm tired of hearing about it. Talk about Rossi being amazing or Nicky riding his ass off or Spies showing the GP world he's coming for them. But to bitch about the announcers? Good lord quit being such a bunch of little girls.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That had to do with timing at the track. All of that seemed to be done before the 3-4pm window.

19. ScottyRock155

To clarify, I'm not talking about the people, I'm talking about production value. People get all excited about a major network picking it up but then they don't even show a pre-race grid. For all the talk about growing the fan base it seems like they might want to explain who the riders are and what their bikes look like.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And as I said, the timing at the racetrack was off for that. That's why it went from the taped bit with Ralph and Kevin to the grid taking the green.