1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Gov’t involved in Sex and Drugs

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cuba pete, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Good post.

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Look at the title to this thread! The fault is implied, IMHO

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Kind of off topic and adding to what you are saying...

If it weren't for personal friends I wouldn't be working where I am. I work it what was a highly competitive business at the time I was hired. There is nothing wrong with putting personal friends in positions like that... of course that's assuming they are qualified.

Was Brown really not qualified to lead FEMA. I don't know. I'm not sure what his background was. He turned out to be a fuckup but that doesn't mean he wasn't qualified. We've fired people from jobs here that had extremely strong resumes but sucked when it came to putting them into practice. You only option with a qualified person that is a fuckup is to let them go after they prove their incompetence. Until that point they look great on paper. And yes this can happen with friends and has happened in my own personal experience. A very close friend that I brought into this company as a matter of fact. He wasn't fire but basically hinted that it would be best to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Either way you don't get rid of a President that hires people that turn out to be dumbasses. We would have lost the last four Presidents if we did. The is corruption and stupid shit in every administration. Men, money and power lead to greed and that leads to corruption. Sad part is that Clinton and Bush have raised the damn bar so high.

I'm stuggling with where the double standard is? Bush has been getting the shit kicked out of him the last 7 years. Clinton got the shit kicked out of him. No double standard.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It's the Bush States of America I guess. :D

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

6. hrvat2

hrvat2 Well-Known Member

What do you mean?

The title of the post is: "Bush Gov't involved in sex and drugs". So I discuss the ways in which Bush has f*ked (no pun intended) the public in the past and correlate it to the continuous lack of accountability in this administration and you say I am off topic???

Critical distinction for ya: public officials are paid with taxpayer money. Taxpayers do not want to finance some jackass' cronyism. This is considered unacceptable.
    In the private sector on the other hand, where you work and where one's check is signed by a private party/entity (i.e. co. owner, board of trustees/directors etc.) this is not so much of an issue; If I own a company it's within my right to hire who ever the hell I want regardless of his/her experience and qualifications.
    We need to be able to make this distinction.

Based on his resume, YOU are better qualified to run FEMA: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1103003,00.html

What about Presidents who clearly hire unqualified people to handle critical aspects of Federal Government, based solely on personnal relationships, and do it knowing that they've falsified their resume (see link provided)? :up:

7. JB_Pgh

JB_Pgh Well-Known Member

I heard that sex, drugs AND rock n' roll were involved.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Was saying that I was going off topic.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I probably am more qualified since it's kind of my field but if you don't know someone close to the President you don't get those kinds of jobs. If he weren't Bush's close friend you can bet he would have been someone's close friend. The Good Ole Boy network is strong up there... too damn strong as we are seeing more and more.

You need a lot worse than poor appointments to get rid of a President. That's why they only serve 4 year terms. If you don't like who they appoint make sure you don't put them back in the White House. Clinton commited blatant perjury in federal court and didn't get put out. Not saying he should have but he didn't. Those asshats in Washington(on both sides) aren't going to go too far out of there way to oust anyone since they all have sold their souls to the Devil(aka each other). Sort of those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Presidents are elected officials with relatively short terms and only two possible for a reason. Now if we could just get term limits for those damn Congressmen. ;)