another VP thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i've left 4.2 in my bikes for months at a time, taken the pumps out, and everything's been fine. i must be lucky.

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

don't hurt my bike! :p

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Kris, no ones saying that ALL VP is bad, but this crap is happening more and more and more. Lee and i both were just talking about how we'd never had a problem out of it, you just keep leaving it in there and good luck, as for me, im done with it. These arent isolated cases anymore.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'll have R-tech at Barber and the GNF. :)

5. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

atta way eddy keep pimpin that stuff.:D

6. ToddClark

hey smart ass, OUTTA MY THREAD!! :Poke::crackup:

or should i call you an ass? ;)

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I just had the awesomest bacon and tomato for dinner!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  8. ToddClark

Stickboy impersonations are not allowed. :D

9. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

speaking of water in gas... you wouldnt believe how much is in pump gas.... the liquid this filters out wont even burn.. I've tested it, and never pour gas without it. Just wish they made one that could handle pump-volume.

http://www.mrfunnel.com/

10. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I originally thought it was a cam chain problem then I took everything apart and :wow:
    NO MORE VP FOR ME :Puke:
    Pump gas rules:up:

11. ToddClark

hmmmm........yanno, Lee's bike suddenly started making some noise on Fri. and lost power. Should be interesting to hear what HFD1 finds when he digs into it. Lee just thought it was trying to get that "one more weekend" in on the SS build that was due for a refresh.

12. tonni1000

tonni1000 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone this Reggie from tech . We at A's customz have become Rtech dealers. All you have to do is let us know and we'll take care of you. we'll put a Ad up in the the other section. Simmer down DaveK just letting people know.:up:

13. ToddClark

:crackup::crackup:

14. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

This sounds like the same problem they were having with the original U4 before they changed it to U4.2. If you left it in your bike between races it would gum up everything.

15. ToddClark

But in THIS case, it wasnt left in the bike. It was poured in about an hour before my race, and drained back out of the tank 24 hours later.

16. maxim1

maxim1 officially gone GREEN..!!

same thing here... just bought the sealed can at the August tally weekend, drained it monday. took the air box off for a quick check... blue shit all over the throttle bodies..! removed the throttle bodies.. blue shit all down the ports..!

i've used pro v 1 before and it is the shit.. 7 more hp than the u4 too..! (same dyno same day) of course a little more money too... but for the sake of all the gummie blue shit the vp u4.2 will never see the insides of my moped again..!

17. ToddClark

maxim, the day you did the dyno runs, did you try any of the Outlaw stuff? You say you got 7 more HP out of the ProV over and above U4, what about the Outlaw #'s?

18. maxim1

maxim1 officially gone GREEN..!!

the outlaw avg about 1.5hp over the u4 throughout the power band and +2 on the torque too! but i think it required a little more fuel load. but with the risk using the u4 i'd say its def worth it.

19. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Interesting..problem...I have some u4.2 in a jerry can that has been setting for almost 2 months and it looks good.The old u4 left a nasty gum ring on the last batch I bought...Todd if you would not mind get me a sample and the can you took it out of and I will get corp. VP on it...If there is a issue I need to know about it..The last batch I have has been good as far as power in bikes I have tested...I have not seen any sticky on my End. Lee's engine will be on the table in the afternoon..

20. ToddClark

Ive still got the approx. 3 gallons that was left in the can, Charlie (i drained out about 2 gals. out of the tank when i got home from the track).

I also want to get with you and bring you some of the RTech Outlaw fuel and let you remap the bike as well, see if the numbers are any better. :up: Just need to set up a time that would be convenient for ya.

Oh, and since im sure it may be a few weeks before we can get together, the can of VP that i have will be kept sealed and in an air conditioned area to make sure that there will be no condensation and it can stay as "fresh" as possible for ya.