1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAY OT: AAA membership question

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokes35, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Ok...

i have a platinum or whatever AAA membership with RV and motorcycle towing...

and u know AAA will tow a member for any reason for free within 50 miles of the destination...

If im hammered drunk, say 8 miles from my house, and i call and tell them my truck wont start and i ask them to tow my truck to my house becuase i have the parts to fix it... will they tow it to my house and i avoid the DUI?

edit: I dont like taking cabs home and leaving my baby in places where it'll get stolen, broken, or vandalized...

Thanks...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Sure, as long as you dont' mind sitting there for 3 hours waiting for the tow truck.

BTW, re: the RV towing...they won't help you if you have an open trailer...you have to have a trailer with sleeping quarters. I bought the RV Plus membership or whatever it is because we've got the Hobbi, but I lost my transmission while towing my open trailer and they wouldn't send a rig to get the truck and trailer.

3. Smokes35

thanks for the heads up... sometimes companies like progessive will offer towing for the trailer if the bikes or whatever on top of it are insured with them...

im thinking this new ide might work... 3 hrs wait beats a DUI everytime.

4. Rippin Griffin

Rippin Griffin Well-Known Member

If you're that drunk when you call AAA they might be able to tell why you can never figure out how to start your car.

5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

And it's 100 miles, not 50.

6. doc750

doc750 Well-Known Member

In DC they have a similiar program around the holidays .. where they have two truck companies take you and your vehicle home

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just remember not to keep the keys in the ignition and not to sit in the drivers seat while you wait. A passing cop my stop and site you even though the car wasn't on and you weren't driving.

8. Smokes35

Im just thinking outloud...

this idea could come in great one day... dont forget it.