1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Sachsenring Germany

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jul 11, 2008.

1. You didn't watch MotoGP in High Definition.

You may have watched the broadcast on a CBS-affiliate that is HD-capable, but you did not see the MotoGP race in HD. It was standard definition. Dorna will not transition to HD cameras until 2010.

2. random hero

random hero Banned

Yea i was suprised Elias wouldnt move out of anyones way... especially on the last lap, if your getting lapped... whats the point in f'n others race up? I did catch Schwantz mention Elias is known for antics like that (not in those exact words)

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Yep, wasn't even 16:9. I'll take it for now!

mmfoor

4. random hero

random hero Banned

Speaking of this... anyone else noticed some race weekend the video is HORRIBLE, it was one of the last couple races the video was so grainy it was hard to make out when the bikes weren't right there too the camera. Anyone else noticed the varying quality each weekend? Will the broadcast be in HD for the american rounds by any chance?

5. :crackhead:

Yes, they will - in 2010. :rolleyes:

6. BBC

BBC Well-Known Member

Greg White & Kevin Shwantz did an excellent job announcing the broadcast on CBS I thought. Very good insight on wet racing, the racers in general and team sponsorship. They made comments geared to the 1st time viewers while still providing good insight for long time MotoGP fans. I hope that the coverage for this race and the next 2 races forces Speed to step up their race coverage.

Anything that builds an American audience is good for the sport in the US.

Although I have only raced once Regionally and only had one get off where I had a minor injury I do know that crashing sucks. It's in bad taste (IMO) to celebrate someone's misfortune no matter what the circumstance.

7. bardo

bardo Well-Known Member

i just hate how dumbed down it is compared to eurosport. i understand why and think its reasonable but still annoying.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

And Quicktoy probably just dropped $3500 on a huge HD TV. . . :D

9. caferace

caferace No.

More fixt. :D

-jim

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Compared to the crappy video quality that we usually get with the Speed broadcasts it might as well have been HD. :D

11. Doc Brock

Doc Brock Well-Known Member

All you guys who saw the race got me beat. I forgot it was on CBS and missed it. I was at the WERA race at Jennings sweating my stones off.

12. xtest

xtest Village Idiot

Mothertrucker! No wonder I could not find it on SPEED. I missed it! :mad:

13. circleincircle

circleincircle Well-Known Member

I was in T7 and saw most of the crashes. It was pretty cold and of course we were soaked after already having watched warm ups, 125s and 250s, I have to admit I was ready to go by the time Stoner crossed the line. Not to mention I had a 400km ride back home most of which was also in the rain, but its always cool to be there in person so it was worth it...

Anyway, its my second time seeing the GP at Sachsenring and I'll probably make it again next year.

Here's a couple of pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Mladin races in america becasue he gets paid way more then anyone on the world superbike level. If someone showed mladin the money he would be in europe.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Actually I got my 60" mitsubishi HD TV on ebay last year it was a $3500 TV, but no one bid on it but me to these newbie ebayers and I only had to drive an hour to pick it up...OH YA, PAID $500..
    MY DVR copied it on CBS and CBSHD and what a difference in quality the HD version was

16. I no longer watch MotoGP on Speed. They cheap out so bad on bandwidth that everything looks lo-rez. The "standard" resolution video on the motogp.com website is just as good, and the "high" resolution video is better than what Speed offers. Same goes for WSB.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

18. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Crash and remount for 10th is pretty friggin good IMO.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I did get a glimpse of that helmet but couldn't really tell what it was.

WTF? :D

20. Doesn't mean the same thing in Italy as it does in Redneckistan :)