Best exhaust/suspension for 07 SV 650

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Brandon Creech, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I am trying to figure out what the best exhaust for the 07 SV 650 is, that is reasonably priced? I am also curious as to how most people set the suspension up for the track on these bikes. What is the best work to do on the forks and the best shock for the rear that isn't crazy expensive? Any help appreciated. Thanks

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

define expensive/reasonably priced.

3. reply

Parts that would be good for a person who doesn't have alot of money trying to start roadracing.

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If you are just starting out and don't weigh to much (155 or less) the stock suspension might be fine for a little while. If you have to pick one end or the other, start with the front.
    The bare minimum for the forks would be heavier springs and oil. The next step would be emulators. The farthest you can go with the stock forks is installing AK-20s from Traxxion Dynamics.

At the back there are a couple of options but the most common seems to be installing a Penske.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

well, my minimums would be to do the traxxion damper rod/emulator setup in the forks. then a penske double adjust shock on the back. thats probably what 80% of all racers use.

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Also the M4 pipe is one of the better SV pipes, and it's not terribly expensive.

7. nig

nig Well-Known Member

Forget the exhaust, spend it on suspension.

8. Do you guys know of good suspension tuner in Tenn, Alabama, or Arkansas?

9. Pilot1

Pilot1 Well-Known Member

Under the limited budget category, how about a ZX6 or ZX10 shock, tripple adjustable and a significant improvement over the OEM shock and can be bought on ebay for + - $50.00. The ZX6 does require moving the battery box and the ZX10 requires very minor moving of some plastic. I am not suggesting this is a Penske, just significantly better than the OEM pogo-stick shock.

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

CTR is in Knoxville I believe. Kinda spendy, but he seems to know his stuff. I prefer Traxxion or Thermosman.

11. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

John's good! nice guy, too.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Buy used parts in the BBS classifieds and save a bundle......

13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Jon at Cycle Tech Racing is TN

14. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I've got a Penske double for sale. $500. Serviced and revalved by CTR last year. There is a 525 spring on it right now but I also have a 500 spring. It's set up perfect for me (175 lbs). I also have forks with AK-20s for sale but this might be a little too expensive for you. PM if interested.