1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16.5 Tires Where to buy?

Discussion in 'General' started by J-train, Jun 21, 2008.

1. J-train

J-train ZED IS NOT DEAD

I am wanting to buy 16.5 slicks, not picky about the brands, but I do not have a liscense or anything like that, so everyplace that I have found them for retail, wants that liscence to purchase them.

Besides searching clasifieds for shagged take offs, how can a guy get his hands on some, for track days. FYI, the reason I ask is I can get a super good deal on some 16.5 Mag wheels.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Unless you are just wanting the mag wheels for bling factor, stay with 17's. You can get DOT's cheap and they are just as good for a novice rider.

Outside of that, making frinds with a racer and purchasing through him is about the only way I know of. Either that or show up to a race and buy direct from a vendor. I wouldn't trust your everyday joe at the stealership to mount slicks on marchesini's.

3. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

Maybe MotoRace has some Michelins leftover...

4. J-train

J-train ZED IS NOT DEAD

I got a no-mar

Wish the mags were 17's but at the price, I still am looking hard at them, they are basically giving them to me for less than aluminum.

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Don't do it. The hassle of getting 16.5" tires far outweighs the benefit of those wheels. Get aluminum 17's and move on.

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:lol

7. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

I have two like new Pirelli front slicks, one only has 10 laps on it and the other has about 30 laps on both were on a Supermoto and both are in very good and like new condition. $100 + shipping for both.

8. ducatichris

ducatichris Well-Known Member

Dunlop 16.5 slicks

I have a set of brand new (never used) N-tec 16.5's that I never used for the Yamaha my team had from Jason Disalvo last year.

I'll sell at a very reasonable price.

email me at [email protected]

CK

9. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

call dunlop.
    it's still business, even if you dont have a race license.
    i got a couple sets from them w/o having one.
    i have one now, but what's so special that they'd refuse you service?
    it's not like they'll give you the top of the line tires the AMA guys get anyways. :beer:

10. ducatichris

ducatichris Well-Known Member

325 shipped to US address.

They are AMA tires actually Eric Bostroms set they never used last year.

Paid 400 for them.

Details are:
    Front Dunlop 125/80R420 KR106
    compound code is 950 (not sure Medium I think)

Rear Dunlop 200/70R420 KR108
    compound code is 3166 (not sure Medium I think)

11. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: