Donington Park, UK - MotoGP 2008 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Jun 19, 2008.

1. nig

nig Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's looking like it did last year with Stoner.

2. Pedrosa's crash looked interesting. It was a highside on the way in to the corner (on the brakes). Those type of crashes seem to be getting popular in Moto GP lately. I guess if the electronics wont let them highside on the gas, they have to find some way to do it.:D

3. Don't count Hayden out. He seems to be able to ride the bike the way he likes to ride it, sliding it out of the turns. If he can adapt to it a little more, he might have something for Stoner tomorrow and Sunday. Rossi has won here 5 times, so I don't think you can count him out yet either.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They usually runs a qualifier at the end of the day on Friday

5. He did at least 4 laps on the tire that he set his fast time on. First lap was in the 30s, 2 laps in the 29s one in the 28s. He may have used the tire for more laps before that run as well.

6. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

go elbows!!!!!

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

wow! very cool, then.

8. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

nothing against ben but how long (if ever) has it been since he's seen his name last? It's got to be an unusual feeling for him.

9. He was ahead of Guintoli in FP2

10. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

true... like i said it's nothing against ben it's just that he's not been in that position before and it has to be strange. i think he's doing a hell of a job running w/ guys who by all rights have 10 times the track time @ that track and are used to the bikes.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be surprised if he's looking at where he is right now.

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

just payed to update my motogp.com subscription...had to do it.

13. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

14. Yea, if I were him, my goal would be to improve steadily throughout the weekend.

15. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

Now there's an idea. :Poke: :Poke:

16. Obviously thats everyones goal, but I meant that I would worry about improving, rather than getting any particular position in the order.

17. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

Just imagine what he might be able to do on one of those fire-breathing Ducatis... Maybe next year?

18. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

^ there is an interview on soup.com with ducati's Livio Suppo, and Suppo is somewhat putting that rumor to rest for the moment. Most likely a maneuver to not tip their hand too early

19. caferace

caferace No.

Not bad...

[​IMG]

-jim

20. 999

999 Well-Known Member

It was probably a softer tire. We'll see. I think Nicky will more likely be fighting for a top 5 than a win on Sunday.