1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett Cole - one armed motorcycle racer

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryan Nelson, May 8, 2008.

1. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

A fellow rider had a debilitating crash a little over a year ago just before his first race weekend at age 17 or 18. I routinely run with the guy at track days on his track bike and in the dirt with is his dirt bike. I saw him drag his first knee after his accident.
    He recently was on the local TV broadcast in B'ham:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uyKQjiTOXRg

Its over 3 minutes long, but the first 30 secords is Nascrap you can skip. Brett and his family are really inspiring to me - he's just an amazing guy.

Brett - lets get you out there for a WERA race sometime at TGPR! I'll give a big hand and help ya crew. I can bring tire warmers and a quiet genset, get ya thru registration, and tech. I'll even pick up your WERA race registration fees. I bet you would have a very large FBR spectating crew, not to mention the WERA regulars.

I was SO looking forward to our weekend at TGPR a little over a year ago when you lost your arm - just before your first race weekend. I still went racing, but sure missed you that weekend.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

What a great video. It is awesome to hear of someone getting back into the saddle after suffering such an injury and doing well to boot. Great accomplishment, and very inspirational :up:

Best of luck to Brett.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  3. Turn #1

Turn #1 Track Junkie

HELL YA. Bret is awesome. You have my support as well. I'll be your wrench, just let me know. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!!!!!!!! One of my favorite pics of Brett and I before the accident. What an inspiration!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Awesome!!!!!!!

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

rock on!:up:

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

F-ING SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool as hell

7. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Wow, great story!! Go Brett :beer:

8. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

His momma looks like a really nice lady. ha-

Good on ya bret-- thats freaking amazing. you have way more will power and desire than ive ever had. He should be extremely proud.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

First Race

Brett placed 5th today out of 12 in V6LW with a fast lap of 1:09.0.

Brett, you rock.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

He was looking good out there. :up:

11. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I saw the races today, and i thought that was awesome. Way to go Brett !! :up:

12. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

If more people had Brett's outlook; the world would be a better place. "I can do it" versus "Do it for me". I saw Brett yesterday and was inspired. Keep it up. You do ROCK!

13. STBIKE

STBIKE Well-Known Member

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Way to go Brett!:clap: :clap:

Your an inspiration for sure.

15. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

So, how did Brett do in Sunday's races? I wanted to be out there, but couldn't make it this weekend...

Brett is an awesome kid with a great attitude and amazing drive. As Ryan said, riding with him will put you in awe. On dirt rides with him, I have tried small portions of the trails using only one arm, and I could not ride them. I am very proud to call him my friend...

16. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

I hand timed him doing low 1:11's but he may have gone faster. He really looked great, smooth and consistent. Amazing, just amazing.

What an inspiration for us all.

(Sorry, I just noticed an earlier post that he got in the 1:09's)

17. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

He was on the podium on Sunday!!! Way to go Brett!! You are an inspiration to all of us!

18. Jeffro510

Details, I need details. On the podium for which race? That is freakin' awesome!!!!

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

he got two 3rd place finishes. The kid is one of the most humble and sincere guys ive ever met. I was about as proud as him as his own father was. :up:

20. Jeffro510

Man, that is great. I really hate that I missed it...