On Bike Camera Mounting Solutions...What Have You Got?

Discussion in 'General' started by KrooklynSV, Jun 9, 2008.

1. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Tried to film some riding yesterday with my Oregon Scientific ATC-2K camera & let's just say it came back with less than stellar results. And no, I'm not referring to the picture quality which was borderline acceptable. It seems as though my cam (mounted on triple by Scotts damper) likes to vibrate alot which caused the video to be pretty irritating to watch. So, I'm looking to see if anyone else has had decent luck getting a quality video out of the cam. Post up some pics if you have them of how you have it mounted. TIA. :beer:

2. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

I got vibration-free results from mounting it on a fairing stay. However, it would always die and rarely recorded even a full lap. Their customer support was non-existent.

Best thing to do is get rid of it and replace it with something from Axial Video.

These videos were all recorded with one of their systems:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=2strokeYardSale&p=r

3. BeemerRacer

BeemerRacer Member

Go to youtube.com/stanobmw

All shot with the ATC-2k mounted on the front left fork with zip ties.

No problem with battery life. Just put a 2 gig card in it, records more than an hour at best quality.

Works for me.

4. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

The Axial stuff is nice for sure, but a little out of my price range. My friend & I did the fork mount on his Monster (a little hard to do on the RC), but it was getting dark & the picture quality was suffering. However, it did look decent when the lighting was good. I just ordered a normal tank cam mount & will give that a go.

5. rolandk

rolandk Warm-up lap winner

6. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsyTqmw60ow
    I've got the ATC-2K mounted to the upper tripple. The vid above is at Jennings GP and the ripple bumps are getting pretty bad so the video is a little rough under braking. Also, the sound seems slowed down. I was riding a FZR600 keeping it above 8K and reving to 12K but the vid sounds like I was cruising. I was going to use the video to get laptimes but now I'm not sure I can trust that it is real time. Oh well, me and Doug (the Ducati 750 in the video) had a great time.

7. flounder

flounder Bi-Polar Genius

8. vrooomr6

vrooomr6 Will work for tires

Thanks flounder - we have had a lot of guys really happy with our systems. It isn't susceptible to vibrations like the AT-C2K, not to mention electromagnetic interference.

9. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

:p
    Very, VERY nice camera set-up that Bill sells

10. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

11. tippy434

tippy434 Well-Known Member

I got one of those ATC-2K's 2 months ago from Ebay. I did not like it at all. The picture shakes real bad. Got a video editing program that managed to take out most of the shake but reduced the picture size. So I re-listed it on Ebay last night. hopefully I can get most of my money back and find an alternative.

12. RayH

RayH Air Cavalry!

DSR100 from Hard Racing. easy to set up, eats up the AAs that drive the camera, internal recorder battery has good life. lots of mounting options and brackets included. Camera quality could be better, and the software records in ASF (personal problem) Now I am hardwiring through position light location, vibration is minimal at this mounted location.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008