Go Blake Young

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and yanno, since it actually looked like his bike could hang with the FACTORY Honda's, i cant help but wonder if there had been any "polishing" going on. :Poke: :D

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

My first reaction was, WTF, how much gas was in it? I asked the question and Cory started with 13 liters and Blake with 14. The mechanics drained the tank and I saw plenty of gas come out of the tank, and I saw the blown fuse.

Sometimes, shit happens. You who never have any bike problems despite your best efforts should be proud.

And all the bikes are legal, my teams get extra scrutiny at all times and can't get away with anything real or imagined. Cory was fined $1000 for running a front fender with the rear mount tab trimmed where it had been breaking. Obviously that missing piece of plastic is what put him on the box.

The draft is a wonderful thing. In that race, it worked both ways.

Poor Blake. On the plus side, the kid has a great future ahead of him. He and Cory both notched their first AMA podiums after I put them on my bikes, they're makin' me proud.

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Blake definitely earned some respect yesterday. Great racing. I'll be looking for great results from him in future races! :up:

4. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

good job blake,cory, and the entire M4 Emgo crew. well done John!

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You need to stop cheating, John.

6. John29

Yeah, I'm working on that.

7. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Indeed he does. I've loved watching him grow the past few years.

8. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

After all these years of racing, two things blew me away this weekend:

The speed of Hackers Kawasaki (he couldn't keep the damn thing on the track!), and watching a modern Zook 600 hang with the factory Honda 600s. All three riders are phenomenal, so I intentionally overlooking that and just comparing what little could be seen on TV.

I have spent all too many hours inside Suzuki motors but my hats off to your mechanics JU as they must really know some tricks. I was blown away watching that race.

9. John29

Yeah, well, the draft helped, as did the fact that Blake is a lot lighter than those two guys he was racing, the tires were working, and he was getting monster drives. But having three guys (race mechanics/tuners) whose full-time job is, make GSX-R600s faster, also helps, and they're really good at it.

And those are Erion Hondas. Not Honda Hondas.

10. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

All good points.

No matter what, it was good seeing a Suzuki rolling on Pirellis dicing with the "red" bikes at the front and having the outcome go right down to the last few corners.

11. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

I was on the hot pit wall and my heart broke when I saw him coasting and punching his fists trying desperately to make it before the other two came by. That was terrible. For me, it was eye-opening. I was blown away at the way he was making that bike leave the corners. He was also every bit as strong as Zemke and Hayes on the brakes. Good things to come. Glenn #62 MRA

12. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Congrats John :up:
    The supersport race was awesome to watch.
    Keep pushing because Blake and Cory will be on the top step this year :clap:

13. Blake was getting awesome drives, the bikes were fast, obviously handling well, tires working good, overall a great ride on well prepped equipment. He will bounce back. I was gutted watching Blake's bike die.

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

John, just so long as you know, i was only busting your balls up there. I was screaming at the TV the entire race wanting Blake to get up there and WIN that race, and then when that happened to him, the screaming for joy turned to frustration, but then when i saw Cory come across, it went back to joy again. The entire race, i kept telling my wife and two sons how happy i was to see your bikes at the front. :up:

15. John29

Thanks.

16. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Hey John, can we have Barney back up north for Calgary?

17. That was a tremendous performance. We were really cheering for Blake. He gained new fans this weekend.

18. TTR174

TTR174 Rescue and restoration of 60's and 70's bikes

I just wish Josh was wearing a clear helmet to see the look on his face when Blake went by him. The post race interview said it all though.

19. John29

Sure, no problem.

20. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

+1 :(