1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need motor work!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tommysuomy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. tommysuomy

tommysuomy # 1 squid

i have a 01 gsxr 600, i had it at putnam for the track day this past weekend and it locked up. i drained the oil and found some metal, i havent pulled the pan yet to see what all is wrong but the engine did still crank over after it died. i am trying to find out if there is anyone in the cincinnati area that is reliable and resonable.

2. A&J Cycles

A&J Cycles Well-Known Member

send me 650.00 and i'll send you a motor

3. tightR1

tightR1 Well-Known Member

I was there

I was there too.I don't know of anyone but it may be cheaper to buy a good used motor.Good luck.
    Was anyone taking pics?

4. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

I just put my motor back in. One of my buddies in Knoxville gave me a hand. If I find something local I will let you know. I live off Cornell (Blue Ash). Just down the street from Sharronville.

5. pcb122

pcb122 Well-Known Member

sounds like a spun rod bearing. if so, that motor is junk. would require a painstaking rebuild...best to buy a used motor and drop it in. that's what i did!

Actually, AJ's offer of $650 is a pretty good deal if it's guaranteed to run...

6. tommysuomy

tommysuomy # 1 squid

randel03r1

ya i live right behind you, off of creek. but ya i think that it is a spun bearing, i drained the oil and there was a bunch of metal in there. i have a spare motor in my garage that i have been robbing parts off of but the motor in the bike has head work and cams, and i dont want them to go to waste. tightr1, ya we have a few pics and vids, what class were you running in? i was in intermed. after my bike broke i ended up riding my buddies 600rr.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I have crank and rods for that motor if that is all you need to fix it.cheap.
    left over from motor that dropped valve.

8. tommysuomy

tommysuomy # 1 squid

thanks twf2, ill keep that in mind.

9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

PM sent, I've got bearings, rings, etc if you rebuild.

Peter

10. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

doing a rod bearing job is not too bad. You must pay attention to detail and stay organized. If the crank is scored, then it will spin another bearing again in no time. I usually just drop a new crank in and call it good. Check your tolerances and have fun. Glenn #62