1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global cooling-the new threat

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

He's imaginery.

2. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

Kookie is an old joke in 'General'. Get over it! This is Dungeon.:Poke:

3. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

if he's only imaginery wouldn't that make all those who got upset with him all for nothing?

4. Booger Van der Jackass

Lot's of things might happen. The bathtub equatorial oceans might fuel monster hurricanes/typhoons from the rapid evaporation. My bigger concern personally, is feeding the hungry ass world during the current state of flux. Less predictable weather patterns, desertification/flooding of growing areas, and the probable loss of the worlds pollinators (an extremely delicate facet of the equation) as well as a host of other factors are really going to put a pinch on our ability to feed ourselves.

5. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

Yeh, it makes sense to explore beyond the Earth which might as well be the thing of the past already. Your conerns are noted and taken seriously.
    Do you happen to be a biologist?

6. Booger Van der Jackass

No. I'm just an concerned asshole from Ohio, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

7. Booger Van der Jackass

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

9. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

As if we don't have enough to worry about already. These viruses, mutations, would not surprise me if emissions have something to do with them.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I agree.

One can draw supporting conclusions one way or the other by the point one chooses for baseline.

I don't believe the hype of Global warming. Are we warming up, maybe? Maybe even cooling? It all depends on what our baseline is?

I perceive it as a cycle. Warming leads to cooling, cooling leads to warming.

How much man influences this cycle? That is another debate.

11. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

So you saying each one of this cycle represents an equilibrium state.
    A shift in such an equilibrium state is then simply a transition to another equilibrium state. Now, within each of this state, how can we use to determine as baseline what's favorable or not for survival of all life forms on Earth?

12. jtc89

jtc89 Member

conveyor theory might if it were in fact getting warmer, but in the last 10 years it hasn't and has in fact erased the previous 1 degree that has caused the "crisis". I just remember colder winters and hotter summers in the south then we have had in the last few years.

As Todd says--I too have nothing of value to contribute to this thread.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you start breaking it down by regions, there is nothing global about it.

Ummm, no.

:crackup:

:crackup: :crackup:

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Life will find a way, may be not our kind.

15. Booger Van der Jackass

I agree, fully!

16. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Tommy-for more impact for my view, and others, that "Global Warming" is a power grab by "The insider establishment"

Here's a MIT professor of atmospheric science assessment:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

17. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

So, then, according to Mark Twain, climate change would just be a matter of managing expectations?

“Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.”

18. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

19. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

It sounds like this guy science didn't pass peer review. And he's pissed because he can get it published.

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Somebody mention the Nazis and get this done.