1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone...

Discussion in 'General' started by rowe748, Apr 3, 2008.

1. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Those of you who (if any) have made the switch from Pirelli to Bridgestone, what'd ya think?

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I found them to be very similar. At each of their prices, I'm very happy and sticking with Bridgestone :)

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

IMO 'Stones last longer, and I like the firmer carcass feel under braking.

4. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Size wise very close. Much stiffer front carcass, so I softened the front preload, and I'm very happy.

5. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Will the 'Stones slicks go 4 hours at Talladega? :D
    Steve

6. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I liked them..those YDC's are like Pirelli Zero. A lil too soft

7. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

you just need to slow down :D

8. mr.croom

mr.croom Well-Known Member

Where do you guys buy your slicks from? Stickboy the only place?

9. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with the 'Stones from now on. I made the switch from Pirelli and also found them to be similar. One of the better differences is the price!

We actually sell the BT-002 pros for $315 shipped in all compounds if anyone is interested. PM me for more info.

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

You'll find out, won't you...

(ya no prob)

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

No go faster :) And I will. :) I did too many radical changes at once to the bike...between different tires, completely different geometry and the bike being 40 lbs lighter and the throttle being a quick turn, it was a completely different ride. Gotta thank Mueller for some help. I was strugglin on Friday at VIR. He made some changes to that thing.

I liked the stones. I will just have to go to the next compound up from the YDC...things are SOFT.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

We can and will run a full 8 hour at TWS on Stones slicks. They will be toast at the end but they make it just fine for 1:55's-2:05's all day.

13. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

I hear the DOT stones for an SV650 are poop though, is that correct?

14. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

We ran one set of BT-002's in the 6 hour endurance race at Jennings years ago. We weren't setting lap records but we weren't the slowest bike out there either. (well, except when Joe was on it!!!! ) :D

The thing that I like about them is even towards the end of the race when the tires were gone, they were still predictable.

I don't know how bad the new pavement is on tires there, but I think they will make it. Let us know on Monday how that goes for you!!!!:D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say they're "poop", but they aren't the latest and greatest DOT tech that "big bike" riders get. The latest and greatest BT002 (and later this year BT003) only come in 180/190 rear widths. I suppose you could mount a wider rear wheel, but that would probably make you illegal for "stock" classes where DOTs are required so you're not really in any better shape.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The 160's work for some, but not all. I am working on another option for the SV's.

The slicks for the SV are great though.