1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Home Page

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuzzy317, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I made it in 2000 or so. Still don't understand why more complicated is better on a website.

2. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

you still got Sams guys doing the stuff for ya?

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I liked the old homepage, I like simple too.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sort of - BBS server is still there. Just moved the website server elsewhere. Either way I did the site stuff after Sam did the original for me in the mid-late 90's.

5. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

gotcha

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

It looks like the Mylaps link is gone from the results page. Did it go somewhere else or am I missing something?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HA! It's still there in the same spot but white writing on a white background or something.

Another item to put on the list, it's been a hell of a couple weeks with some other things we thought would be cool in the long run needing to be done for the Endurance this weekend.

8. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I was just razzin ya- there was really nothing wrong with the old home page that a few minutes fixing small format issues wouldn't have fixed...I thought it was fine. Complicated is not automatically better, but if it's packaged right, you can do some cool stuff (RSS feeds is a great example...on-line registration would be another) if you're so inclined.

BTW I understand that the online reg thing is back-burner'd for now..just making an example.

But it would be really cool.

:D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's in the works but we're getting ambitious with some other stuff first.