1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for good race glove in the 100-150 range

Discussion in 'General' started by DMCCOY, Mar 27, 2008.

1. sdg

sdg *

>im with stupid<

I was damn near that in high school on a BICYCLE!

2. jnjdad

jnjdad Well-Known Member

Just to be sure, go to the Komodo website and measure your hand as instructed. By the Komodo chart I was a medium, but all the other gloves I tried on (A* SP series) I would need a large. So, I order the large Komodo and wouldn't you know it fit as described. So I sent them back and exchanged for a medium. Fit good to start, but even better after a couple of rides. When I asked that question I got negative feedback on the A*, I guess the Held is the best, but I have only seen them on the website, not in person. Kobe was another that came recommended.

3. tvrboy

tvrboy Well-Known Member

Held phantoms ... you can get em for 200 from STG.

4. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I'm partial to Held Akiras.

6. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Plus one. Recently bought them. Great glove: kangaroo palm; precurved fingers; lots of protection.

7. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

10. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

11. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any feedback about the Spidi Penta gloves?

12. eppy01f4i

I had a set of Spidi carbo-vents at $275 :stupid: And the seams came apart in half a season. This is coming from Spidi fan but those gloves were crap.

NO experience with the Pentas.

13. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

I think I have decided on the KFX. I have wondered before why more motorcycle gloves did not follow the rollerblading glove idea and have hard armor at the base of the inner wrist. The only other glove that I know of with the Knox protection in the palm is one of the Teknic (speedstars I think). Any tips on the best place to order the KFX? I will start searching. Thanks.

Also, does the KFX fit true to the sizing chart?

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

15. eppy01f4i

DMC,

PM sent!

Good choice on the K-FXs !!! :clap:

16. ttilghman

ttilghman Well-Known Member

Rev'It! does rock. I've accidentally become a crash test dummy for those guys and the gloves and leathers have held up through a ton of crashing.

http://www.revitusa.com/

that, and at least the US side of the company almost all race, vintage, but they're out there on the track.

-timothy

17. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

+1 your hands are not a place to cut costs!

18. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

You won't go wrong with Held (Phantoms), Teknic (Speedstar), AXO (KK-4R) or Komodo gloves. I've never tried the Kobe gloves.

If you're looking for something a little less expensive, but still good quality the Cortech Tourmaster Adrenaline gloves are pretty good. I have tested mine once with zero damage to me or the glove.
    http://www.newenough.com/gloves/str...tour_master/adrenaline_motorcycle_gloves.html

I won't wear any Alpinestar roadracing glove - expensive and pure crap.

19. DMCCOY

DMCCOY Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyones input. I originally was only looking to only spend 100 or 150. But then I became interested in the new Komodos, and the Held Phantoms. So I looked around at other gloves in that range and remembered hearing about Helimot. All the instructors and control riders at the nearby track in OK, Hallett, wear Helimot and I have seen the glove quality first hand. I have decided to go with their H-20 glove. I will try to get some pictures of them when they arrive and post them here. Thanks again for all the input.

http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=64

20. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

I am in the same position. I won't buy Alpinestars again as my Gptech's lasted 1 year on the track (strictly track) and threads were busting. I went to the local motorcycle place today and tryed on the some gloves and told the salesperson why I wanted to look at other brands. He mentioned Alpinestars are made in China the past few years instead of Italy. So doesn't suprise me.

The sales rep from Rev'It was there as the place is going to start selling their gloves. The gloves fit ok. I tryed the Held phantoms on and I've heard good stuff about them but wasn't impressed with how they fit me or anything or with their protection. I'm sure the stingray and all is great for protection in certain areas but carbon fiber and plastic seem to me they should work pretty good.

I only had time enough before the store closed to put on some Arlen Ness gloves. Didn't have like hard plastic protection but looked like some weird hardened material on the knuckles. When I put them things on they were the most comfortable glove I've tryed on.

I would rather try on in the store and feel comfort and use my best judgement as far as protection over the knuckles. I don't want some fancy pricey glove that is more uncomfortable than a cheaper glove.

A glove doesn't have to cost $200 and come with the skin of every exotic animal out there to protect your hands the best.