Another Zuma Question

Discussion in 'General' started by R1ZOOM, Mar 24, 2008.

1. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

I was talking with another WERA racer the other day and he said he had heard that a 100cc kit would fit on a Zuma motor. I have found this one below, and it is my understanding that a bw50 is the same as a Zuma, and a bw100 is a 100cc zuma in Europe. I just wondered it any of you guys know if this would bolt on to a zuma motor? If so, I suspect I'd need a different cylinder head also, and probably a different carb.

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/SCOOTER-SPARES---YAMAHA-AEROXB-1171.aspx

2. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

3. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

4. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

I may be wrong, but i think you would need a stroker kit to use that 100cc cylinder. I think 85 or so is as big as you can go with the stock crank.

5. the "TRAIN" Rech

the "TRAIN" Rech Well-Known Member

Correct.....stroker crank needed to go to 100cc's.

My Zuma has the 80cc kit....that thing flies.....would love to get a Euro 100cc 2T motor, but they're like gold over here and hard to find.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Why not start over with a Rattler 110? Zuma's fetch really good money on the used market. By the time you're done modding it I don't think the difference will be that much. Just a thought.

7. icantslowdown

icantslowdown Well-Known Member

got a yamaha part number for that motor?

8. the "TRAIN" Rech

the "TRAIN" Rech Well-Known Member

I've searced for it, but can't find it. I'm beginning to thing the motor is mystical or something. I've only ever read about it on some Euro sites, but that's been a while.

9. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

A bone stock Rattler 110 (Genuine) will smoke a fully kitted Zuma every time. Plus the Rattler has way better brakes, wheels, tires, and suspension. Only thing about the Rattler is it runs out of steam at about 55-60, but you can fix that. Oh and they're cheap.

10. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

The link I provided earlier is to parts made by the manufacturer who makes the Zuma motor.

11. fbr

fbr Well-Known Member

My buddies zuma is in the shed blown up from putting a 70cc kit on it. Mine is stock and runs like a champ. My advice leave it stock.