brake pads & fluid question (best of the best)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Jamesm925, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

just picked up a set of brembo 108mm HP calipers for my bike and want to put the top o' the line pads in the calipers in place of the lower level HH pads they come with.

i know brembo makes a z04 pad for the monoblocks, but it seems like it's super hard to get (and rediculously overpriced) for the HP calipers.

i've also heard vesrah makes the SRJL's for the HP calipers, as well as performance friction '95' compounds being pretty damn good.

any suggestions for sources ?

2. little_twin

little_twin Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure Galfer makes their 1003 compound pads for those calipers.

3. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

galfer = blah....

i should've specified: i like pads that BITE. sintered metal pads like the SRJL's. just curious what people are using for the hp calipers.

4. dach4676

dach4676 Well-Known Member

the SRJL's are great but i've heard that the SBS Dual Carbons are just slightly better.

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

+1

Or you can go with just the RJL's if you don't want to thrown down the money for the Supers.

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

The SBS Dual Carbons dont have that INITIAL "bite" as you touch the lever. Thats what most of the guys using them like about them. Theyre a more linear feel pad, ie: the harder you pull the lever, the harder they bite.

7. joe846

joe846 sleep weiner, sleep

vesrah's (SRJL or RJL) and super blue fluid. Plus, when you go with the carbon pads you better CLEAN THE HELL out of your rotors before switching to something like the vesrahs. I know we all clean our rotors when we switch brands, but the carbon seems to make it extra tough to get a good bed in when switching back to non carbon.