1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ 250 - Corey's New Ride

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by the "TRAIN" Rech, Mar 6, 2008.

1. the "TRAIN" Rech

the "TRAIN" Rech Well-Known Member

This thing is sweet. '02 TZ 250. Rich (Corey's sponsor) brought it in from New Zealand. I hope we can make it run the way it's supposed to. 2 Strokes are a mystery to me.

Attached Files:

2. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

Welcome to 2-strokes.

3. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Give Bill moyer a call from motors by moyer he can keep that thing running for you!!

4. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Very Nice bike. Best of luck with it.
    Ken

5. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

Corey will have a blast on that bike! If he every wants to run D class again, I have an '89 TZ chassis with a thumper motor he can ride :D .

Kurt

6. the "TRAIN" Rech

Thanks Kurt.

7. Steezlo

Steezlo Well-Known Member

Definitely a kewl scooter:)

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nice bike.

Will that Honda wing looking paint slow it down? :D

9. Hi Remy

Hey buddy it Jeff Austin n Lindsey's dad from VA. Nice ride bro. We are looking at a RS125 and i have a Formula 80 derbi shifter to get Linz going on too. Oh and yes we will be in the padock at Laguna. I will send you a PM.:up:

10. the "TRAIN" Rech

Hey Jeff,

What's going on? Haven't seen you in a while. Glad to see the kids are still at it and moving to GP bikes. I bet they are excited. Can't wait to see you at Laguna. Let me know what's going on out there.

11. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

Just follow the service manual, talk to other knowledgeable folks and seek help when necessary (tz250racing, usgpru.net, etc), and learn how to tune it. There is a tuning manual that you hopefully have. If not, I'm sure you can find it. The bikes are so simple, no need for all that unecessary crap like starters, huge wiring harnesses, injectors, bla bla bla

Welcome to 2smokes, Corey will love it!

12. the "TRAIN" Rech

No, we don't have a tuning manual. I didn't know there was such a thing. Can you let me know where I can get my hands on one so I can start reading up? Thanks for the info.

13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I thought you retired !!!!!!

14. the "TRAIN" Rech

My head feels like a popcorn maker....I need to hit the lottery and get Bill out of retirement.

15. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Call Kevin Murray at MCE racing. The manual s are out there, and yes, it's true, stick to the manual and leave it stock until you know what you are really doing... I thought I did, and got way out into left BFE field.

16. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

head over to tz250racing.com and join up, then go into the area where manuals are available for download. Or google it and find the service manual in pdf. in the back there should be a tuning chapter (for my 94 model it's chapter 7). I believe there is a seperate tuning manual however, which goes into more detail. Honder manuals have the same type thing.

17. PAPAPIRANHA

PAPAPIRANHA Well-Known Member

Call Bill Himmelsbach @ Martin Eurosports in Quakertown Pa. He is theTZ250 Man. He's raced them for 30 years. Don't waste your time anywhere else.