pit bike race@ talladega

Discussion in 'General' started by GREG#22, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Elmolito

Elmolito Well-Known Member

If I was there, and if I had a pit bike, I would have raced.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

that is what you said about the hawk:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

i have all the parts already. i just have to pick them up from the mach.....the shop. then i can bolt it together. i hope to heat cycle it this weekend at nfmp.

i think i will look into some sprockets. just in case it works better when i'm done

3. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

greg moore got beat by a girl. ha ha ha ha ha !!! sorry greg, couldn't resist. but, "wear your medal with honor" - may i quote!!

4. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

c'mon that was uncalled for:p he just wanted a friend:)

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

for some reason i feel dorty after reading that.

oh well, back to the shower

6. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

This wasn't just some girl; this was the very first woman racer I ever met. Take it like a man, Greg :p , Laura's a good racer!

7. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

Re: TRICK!!!

Yep, Bill is still in Cullman with a really nice TT style track in his back yard.

I haven't heard of any other places in northern AL. I've really missed riding the XR since I moved up to Athens. When I lived near Orlando, I used to go to Bithlo on Wednesday nights to play ride with a bunch of other roadracers on the clay oval and TT track (with a jump!).

8. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Re: Re: TRICK!!!

Hey Laura,
    Do you know who I can contact to see if they're still doing that on Wednesdays at Bithlo ( or other nights for that matter) ? My neighbor is building a '73 Elsinore-based flat tracker and needs to get track time.
    Wish I could've made it to Tally, sounds like y'all had fun up there.

9. Dan Montgomery

Dan Montgomery Well-Known Member

I have a mini version of TGPR on my land for XR100s. I am in Florence, AL which is about a hour North West of Athens. Anybody is welcome to come up and rub elbows.

10. racer63

Re: Re: Re: TRICK!!!

Try the number for Orange County Raceway 407-568-2271. They used to list the Saturday race dates in Cycle News... If that doesn't work, let me know - I have the phone number at home, but I'm in FL for work right now.

Wed night practice was $10 to ride 5pm to 10pm alternating rounds with cars and karts.

Dave Estok has his own clay track near Daytona or New Smyrna if you ever run into him.

11. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Thanks, we'll give the raceway a call.

I haven't run into Estok in a long time, but I'm sure some of the old gang from Moroso would know how to contact him.

12. JWhite

JWhite Well-Known Member

Dan,
    What kind of surface? What kind of tires do I need to run the "mini TGPR"?

13. racer63

Wow! That sounds like fun. Let me know how to contact you (email or phone). You can email me at [email protected]

I have some post-TGPR repairs to do, but it shouldn't take too long to get it put back together...

14. Dan Montgomery

It's dirt. I run the stock knobbies. I would like to make a track like they use at the Supercamp school or a TT with some jumps and stuff too if you have any ideas.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2002
  15. Dan Montgomery

We are going to ride this Sunday. If you want to come ride, email me for directions.