1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labelle CBR900'S help!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Nov 25, 2007.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Is anyone out there racing a ex-labelle CBR900rr? I need a little help with the swing arm linkage. Mine has 3 mounting positions and I didn't mark the one it was in when I took it apart. I heard somebody down south was running the sister bike to mine. This one has a magnesium swing arm and a ohlins shock.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

He doesn't get on here much. I have to call up there tomorrow, I'll see if he's in the country

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Call Mike Velasco. He built it. He runs MVR out of "The Brothers Yamaha" up in seattle area. Is your bike the Billet swingarm one? that was work of art!

4. boccarp

yea..billet arm..Bruce used a 90lb bloke of Magnesium to cut that thing from. It wieghs about the same as the stock arm but it is way stronger. Fucking work of art! I'll post you when I finish glass beading it tonight. I don't have the patience to polish it.

5. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

i saw it in person. MVR is about 1 hr from my shop, plus we were out there in the 90's at PIR with FUSA. VERY trick...i think i still have a pic of that bikes arm!

6. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Here's the sister bike with Gxr front end and 1000rr bodywork.I'll have to ask him about the linkage.Crazy fast bike,weighs 354lbs.Motor has gsxr oversized valves,crank sawed off,all kinda crazy shit motorwise.

His tranny is messed up right now,but I'll ask him tommorow about the linkage.Very cool bikes!!:up:

Attached Files:

7. boccarp

I'm gonna give Valesco a call. He set this thing up.

8. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

I don't believe the sister bike has the swingarm that you are refering to. I believe that it was on the bike I bought from the sister bike's owner and I have no idea who has that bike now. It has changed hands several times and when I bought it, it had a stock shock on it.

9. boccarp

Got any old photos of your machine? I'm trying to get the ohlin fork hieght correct. I think I got the wing arm sorted I'll post some photos in the next couple of days..thanks Pete

10. MES Racing

I've got several pics of the bike, but I don't know if they would show you what you need to see. If you are interested in them, then forward me your email address ([email protected]). I can't seem to load them on here.

11. racer_rr

racer_rr Indy

boccarp: Where you finding Bruce's old bikes. You know Mike Fitzgerald out east??
    boccarp: I now the linkage. The gold linkage should have an arrow machined in it. arrow faces forward. Otherwise you have the first rev with no arrows...and I don't think even MikeV will still know because he did mostly the head work. : ) And it sounds like you got the stroker motor 'Cybill' as Dave called. You own Labelle's 'A' F-USA bike with all the shit.

I'm the original owner of a 'sister' bike. It really started out as my stock 93 RR race bike until I befriended Bruce and Art Thomas over at their old machine shop here in San Jose. We started throwing race spares off Dave's RR especially as the Rapitors came online. I saw that mag swing arm while it was being machined!!
    I raced that frankenstein RR from 95-01, when I was visiting a WERA race at Barber and some knucklehead took my front out at the start in turn one. You know who you are... : ) Yardsale. Sold the leftovers to the V7 racer thats running it around now. I think he built two bikes out of the spares.
    Damn I miss that crazy motor....wicked acceleration. 354lb just barely made it AMA F-Extreme legal. Ya, I liked the chopped crank. : ) I'm looking at the dyno map of it right now. Ran linear right to 158hp on nutec, 74ft-lb almost flat across from 7k-redline. I think it ended at a 2mm overbore. Fastbike's in MI really put the final touches to that motor. He's a top notch guy there for monster RR motors. FULL, I mean full, machine shop onsight.

Man is my old bike for sale??

Enough reminiscing.
    Some old shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  12. 9rrider

9rrider Active Member

racer_rr, how hard was it to put on that gsxr front end onto the 900rr?

13. racer_rr

racer_rr Indy

Not hard at all.
    If I remember the lower bearing in triple tree was same. The upper bearing needed to be thinner to match up with GXRS stem and RR frame. You can matchup something at any bearing supplier.
    I also think I needed a spacer between the upper bearing and the top triple clamp so that the stem nut torqued down the bearing stack.
    Other than, no problem. :up:

14. 9rrider

9rrider Active Member

Thanks for all the info.

15. 9rrider

9rrider Active Member

Would you happen to remember the year that front end came off of and which gsxr model? Thanks, Curt.

16. MES Racing

Wow ... I didn't know what I had, when I had it. I could have had your bike. Mine had a polished frame, the same swingarm, the link you are refering to, the full Ti-Muzzy, the same rearsets, and the 16.5 rear wheel. Small world. My bike didn't have the good motor. The gentleman that I bought the bike from has the good motor in sister bike mentioned above.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  17. boccarp

Mike...I almost have the Labelle bike together I spent most of the day getting the motor back in, forks and swing arm on. Almost ready for the bodywork...thing is going to be the tits when I'm done.....

18. racer_rr

racer_rr Indy

'96 or '97.

19. racer_rr

racer_rr Indy

When I finally wodded the RR at Barber the bike was a yard sale. But the guy had all the spares needed to bring it back as an RR, plus enough for another bike from the combined spares....which I think some of the parts are on yours. (The swing arm you have came off it. Its been lengthened, braced, and Ti chain adjusters added by Labelle as a prototype for the full-mag machined swing arm.)
    Shit the bike had RC45 body, Erion RR tail, home-made RC45 tank with ram-air snorkels from an RR (like Labelle's), GSXR forks, big zx9 rad, and that monster MOTOR!!!. What a freaking Frankenstein bike...but it ran with the big AMA boys down the straights at Laguna and Road USA. It was way faster then me. : )

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  20. boccarp

your gonna shit when you see this bike...it coming together real nice...keep your eye on this thread in the next few days. The bodywork came out awesome...