DR-Z70 vs CRF50 for my nephews for Christmas, advice needed!

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddW, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

Oh great and omnipotent BBS, need a little nudge one way or another.

Comparing Honda CRF50 vs Suzuki DR-Z70 for my nephews for Christmas. Any experince pro or con for each appreciated. Basically looking at (2) 2006 (new in the box) CRF50's vs (2) 2008 DR-Z70's. Suzi's are a bit more (about $200 more each) but are a larger displacement.

Nephews are 6 and 8 and have ridden neighbors PW 50's a good bit and can handle them fine as well as I would think the 70cc DR-Z. Considering future upgradeability of each (larger wheels, etc) so they don't outgrow them to quick and want my XR200 or MXC360, heehee. We are located in Leeds, AL they are just south of Nashville so any delaers in the AL/central TN area, feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to let a couple go at a good price.

Thanks in advance for your opinions. :beer:

Todd

2. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

Go with the CRF 50's for resale value... They are going to out grow them real quick either way. And if you have to unload them in 2 years, what do you think you will be able to sell easier? Crf50's all the way

3. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

Good point on the resale. Although I'd prolly like to pimp one out for a around the neighborhood/pit bike!

4. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

CRF50. Especially if an adult is ever going to ride it.

5. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

can always put a 88 kit on the CRF when they get bigger and out grow the power of the 50

6. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

CRF50 is the KING if you like aftermarket mod'n
    if your just looking for a stocker the Yam TTR50 is a nicer bike

7. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

Bottom line, CRF 50 all the way.. I picked up an '05 with maybe 5 hours on it bone stock for $750

The deals are out there... and best bike all around

8. Boss R6

Boss R6 Well-Known Member

Get the CRF. Check out Southern Powersports in Chattanooga (Southern Honda). They have great deals.

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I got a brand new '06 from that dealer in Chattanooga for 750 OTD. I don't know if they still do that, but that was their bread and butter back then! They'd sell literally thousands a month around this time of year.

And DEFINITELY the 50. As it's already been said, there's so many mods out there for them it's insane. If they need a little more power, 88 heads are easy to come by on planetminis. Plus, it'll sell a day after you put it up for sale when it comes time to move up!

10. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

+1