computer geeks needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Cliffy, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Have an e-machines desktop T3306 , want to add memory having issues w/ iTunes and multiple programs running at the same time. WTF do I need?

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Walmart is selling an Acer laptop for $350 right now that is a perfectly good computer. Go buy one, upgrade it to 2GB of ram at Best Buy, adn throw your eMachine out the window of your truck.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Werd!!! :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Where? They had an Acer at CompUSA last weekend for $300 after rebates (probably the same model). I was going to pick one up for my daughter, but they sold out Friday at noon. I didn't get there until just before they opened on Saturday.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

:stupid:

Remember if you get a new computer that Vista needs 2 MBs of RAM, so take Mr. DDTs advice.

6. ginko

ginko Well-Known Member

Wow, thats memory efficient! :D

7. (diet)DrThunder

I'm not sure 2Mb will do it...I'd go to 2 Gb :)

8. (diet)DrThunder

Wal Mart...it's a large discount department store chain...?

:)

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry I should have been more clear. I saw the Walmart part, but the cheapest Acer they have on their website is $488. I was wondering if it was a local deal.

10. tito

tito Well-Known Member

get a mac......go onto emachines web site and find out how much and what type of memory you need

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

PC3200 DIMMS, your system can take a max of 2.

12. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Dave it's my desktop, not due for upgrade until after June of next year. Need laptop first.

Speaking of laptops, I'm looking for a killer deal on hp laptop.

13. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Gracias!:up:

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: Except I don't care if it is HP or not. Main use will be word processing (probably open office) and net stuff. It's for my daughter so I don't care if it is blazing fast.

15. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

LOL. Yes, you are correct, sir.

16. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i think what dave is saying is that you are about to go down the road i just did - throwing money at something that just isnt that good. by the time i bought a wireless adaptor, new hd, and upgraded the ramm, and a web cam... well i could have gotten that nice new laptop, but instead i still have a 6 yr old compaq that is now starting to have other issues...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go to Dell, buy a laptop if you need one.

For the desktop, do what Frank said. Nothing at all wrong with eMachines for the price.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

New RAM is silly cheap.

19. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

I'm just patching the memory issue, no other issues. And I prefer hp laptops because that is all I own and when someone breaks or looses power adapters etc. I have spares.right now I have 3 working laptops and a parts machine:D

20. Brian811

Brian811 ....

Depending on the number of slots you have you may be able to just add more ram. Open the case and see if all the slots are full. If they are, just replace them with higher memory cards. You will have to run a search to find out what type of motherboard yoiu have and what type of ram it supports.