1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aim Mychron Lap Timer?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Da Junster, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Da Junster

Da Junster Member

Do the Aim Mychron Kart Lap Timers work on Motorcycles? I see a lot of used Kart ones for sale but no Moto Mychron Lap Timers.

2. blahanson

blahanson Active Member

I used a Mychron3 on my ZX7R, no problems.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  3. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I use the same on my SV. It may be a little difficult to set up on a bike with coils built into the plug caps since it uses an induction type tach pickup.

4. Hawk413

Hawk413 Well-Known Member

The kart model will work but has limited inputs. The bike or car models have more inputs and can receive tach info in different ways than the wire along the plug wire. I have the kart model on my SV but there is no way to input oil pressure and since it usually replaces the stock instrumentation you now have no oil warning. The kart model also calculates the gear position indication so if you change sprockets you need to do several calibration laps while the car and bike models have position inputs which most bikes now have. Also the Kart model uses 6 bateries which only last a couple weekends while the car and bike models will wire into the bike battery. The kart model is a little cheaper just be aware of the limitations and what you are giving up.

5. Da Junster

Da Junster Member

Thanks fellas, I guess i'll wait till I find a deal on a mychron moto.