1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting screwed on ebay a new way

Discussion in 'General' started by motomadman217, Oct 19, 2007.

1. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

so about 3 weeks ago now i bought a used computer on ebay. Transaction went fine, ups was to deliver this item. Well i was not at home on the first attempt so they left a note on my door. After reading the note i realized i could sign the back and have the item left on my door, well stupid me i signed it and sure enought it got jacked off my doorstep.....well atleast thats the best i can firgure of the situation. So i informed the person on ebay i bought it from that i had not recieved it and asked for the tracking number so i could contact ups and this is what he said...

"The tracking number for your shipment is: 1Z9A4R190351152706. I checked this on their tracking site and it was delivered on 9/27 at 1:29pm at the front door. If you live in an apartment building or a condominium you may want to ask around to see if it was left at the wrong door. We had "Apt 5" on the shipping label. You might also contact your UPS local distribution office and see if the driver can verify exactly where he left it or if is being held at the UPS offices. Thanks."

then i checked to see if anyone had it nieghbors or office and email him back and got this....

"Joshua,

I'm sorry you can not locate your package. UPS auto-insures all deliveries up to $100, so I would open a claim with them and get your money back. Gather all the shipping info and go the ups.com and file it there. If I can help just let me know. Thanks

Regards,
    John Brewster "

so i then filed a claim with ups and they told me that after the claim they would get in contact with the shipped and if there was going to be a claim paid it would go to him. So i then asked him that he contact me asap if her heard anything because i really needed a replacement computer as i am currently bowworing one from work. And he email me back and said.....

"Josh,

I'm sorry to hear that UPS hasn't found your computer. It sounds like you urgently need a computer. This is not your fault, so I don't see why you should have to be the one to suffer from their mistake. We can wait for the compensation from UPS but you shouldn't have to. That being said, I think the best thing to do is to send you another computer right away. I'll take care of it today. I will send you the tracking number as soon as the label is printed out. Again, I'm sorry you are being inconvenienced like this and I will do all I can to remedy the situation. Thanks.
    Regards,
    John Brewster
    Central Surplus/eBay Administration
    309-495-0995 "

so then i emailed him and and said "that is a awsome gesture!! and i appreciate it all i have to ask is what if ups does not reinburse for it, unfortunally i do not have another 75 dollars to drop on this. I do not know what the chances of ups not reinbursing the sale i have never dealt with them on a issue like this"

He emailed me back to say...
    "Josh,

UPS will probably just reimburse us, so you won't have to worry about that. All I ask is that if they reimburse you or locate the lost item, please send either one back to us, OK? If they don't reimburse us, they will give us a reason and we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it. Go to the UPS website and keep track of your PC so you'll know when to expect it. You might want to let you neighbors know it's coming and ask them if they will accept it for you and leave UPS a note on your door if you won't be there. Thanks again.
    Regards,
    John Brewster
    Central Surplus/eBay Administration "

so about a week after that sure enough ups did not refund him because i signed for it, so then he emails me demanding for immediate payment. I then ask him why he sent it when i did not even ask for it, no saying i would not pay for it just asking that question---no response to that and then yesterday i get home and get this email......... subject line reads--"Central surplus pending legal action" and the body of the email goes as so.....
    "Mr. Bingham,

"Mr. Bingham,

You have made no attempt to contact me here at my office, consequently,
    you
    leave me no choice but to escalate this to our legal counsel. They may
    be
    contacting you by Certified Mail shortly. With all the documentation I
    have
    on this issue from UPS, ebay, and all of your communications through
    emails,
    it is apparent that you may be involved in criminal fraud and unless
    you
    contact me ASAP you may be held responsible for your actions and
    liable for
    compensation, original cost of goods, and court costs that could be of
    substantial financial burden to you. To avoid this process all you have
    to
    do is contact me ASAP. This email is my last contact with you. I will
    not
    make any further attempts to reconcile this issue with you. Good day.

Regards,
    John Brewster"

Central Surplus/eBay Administration
    309-495-0995
    http://stores.ebay.com/CENTRAL-SURPLUS?refid=store

So now what i ask is what would you do, mind you he did not demand payment until immediately after i left positive feedback for him and the cost of this computer was only 55 dollars. Sorry for the rant this guys just has me really pissed off over 55 bucks.

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

I couldn't get past the 2nd paragraph...

good luck, bro :up:

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

1. What kind of computer can you get for $55 shipped?

2. Never sign the back of the note and leave it for UPS.

4. motomadman217

it was a refurb el cheapo compact and 55 was not shipped it was 75 shipped

5. dtalbott

Good luck, and sorry.

6. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

Allright, a bit confusing but.....he sent you a computer that was apparently delivered (apparently stolen, but delivered), correct? I think I can glean from the provided info that the computer was only $75

Have you received the "hey we are reasonable fellows" follow-up computer?

It sounds like he is willing to accept your inital payment and will allow ups to reimburse him for the replacement.

I doubt they are scamming you if they sent a computer that was stolen and don't doubt that they want to be paid if they sent a replacement.

Allright, its kinda confusing but i think i understand - he wants paid for 2 computers, 1 from you and one from UPS because one was thieved? If you've paid and received a replacement, and ups will reimburse him for the other, where's the scam.

7. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

Tell him to to feck off if he is selling $55 dollar computers he ain't got no legal counsel all he has is a pissed off mom cause he didn't take the trash out last night like he promised her he would and then he told her to leave him alone cause he's 34 and all grown up and doesn't have to listen to her

8. motomadman217

no i paid for 1 computer, the one that got jacked, ups is not going to reinburse him for the second one, he now wants me to pay for it, so i pay for 2 and get one

9. Liv2Win

Liv2Win Grad School = No Racing

Him: I am going to sue you!!!

You: Hit me with your best shot!

The End.

Leaving positive feedback and/or signing something that legally binds you to have accepted the package really lowers the options.

I have been down this legal road time and time again, sometimes I hate myself for not being cautious with every transaction and being rammed in the tail pipe.

as soon as you sign, the "i can't" attitude flows; I learn this over and over.

Used car salesman are the perfect example, try holding their promises to them after the papers are in..........

10. dave333

dave333 traveler

Have you thought about returning the second computer, signature required, and be done with them? How about just paying for the 2nd one?

11. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

he probably thinks he is the one getting scammed ,since you did sign for it.I would not worry about legal action for 75.00 .

12. toptaz1000rr

toptaz1000rr Well-Known Member

dude call his bluf... most times if you are going to get SUED THEY have to come to YOUR town or district to sue you .. are they going to take the time and effort to come to another state for 50 .. 75 or even 100 bucks... it is going to cost them at least 50 to file the claim in small claim courts....

13. dtalbott

Let's summarize:

1. You won an ebay auction for one computer, paid for it, signed the UPS ticket for it, but never got it.

2. Seller offered to send a second computer while waiting for UPS claim.

3. Because you signed for it, UPS rightfully refused to pay a claim.

4. Now you're upset because the seller wants the money for the second computer he sent you.

Sound about right?

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it,

did you get either of the two computers?

15. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

What are the details of the computer you bought? If I can come close with all my spare parts, I'll mail ya what I have. ( I don't have any extra cases though) and it's yours for the $8ish in shipping. Then you can send the second computer back to him POSTAGE DUE. Win Win

16. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Why is this thread titled "getting screwed on ebay a new way"?

17. phukaduc

phukaduc Borden

sounds like you owe the guy $55 and learned a lesson.

18. Mojo

Mojo Big Swinging Member

+1

19. Mojo

Mojo Big Swinging Member

I really thought your story was going to be more like this:

[​IMG]

20. Liv2Win

Liv2Win Grad School = No Racing

:crackup: :bow: