1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A message to kids today from the older crowd

Discussion in 'General' started by x1384, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

I don't think peer pressure, teenage angst (and passing notes at school) has really changed in any substantial way over the last 100 years.

If your kid is seeing two shrinks you do suck at parenting though. Stop trying to play the "back in my day" card and go check under his bed for guns. :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll just send them to live with you

3. Michal Grau

Michal Grau a Wolf in cowhide

I remember in the 70s my uncles getting thrown over the bars trying to kick start their harley choppers, wait a minute, that hasnt changed! Wohoo.:wow: :up:

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Preach On!:up:

and Dallas right after the Dukes! ( WHO SHOT JR????)

5. WERA147

WERA147 Active Member

ahh the early 80's

In the 80's you didn't get detention or any of that time out bullshit you got your ass whipped. One of my teachers had a big wooden spoon with duc tape on it. (6th grade I think) and another had a 1"X6" custom fabricated model complete with 1/2" holes to reduce wind resistance on the swing.

In the 80's it was you against the man. Early rap and hard rock prevailed. If you weren't against the man you were the man. School sucked, grades weren't a priority, maybe you go to college maybe not, " who knows man! you decide that shit after graduation."

On the plus side.. I think gas was like 75cents per gallon, hotels where $30bucks a night. Traveling to the track would be cheap. But, motorcycle tires..hahahaha. suspension...hahahaa.. forget about it. Although the 500GP bikes were still pretty cool.

All in all I think todays better. School still sucks but if you want to race you better start thinking about making the grades early cause it is not as easy to get a good job. I think there is ALOT more pressure on kids in school today than in the 80's. Todays bikes are awesome, tires are coming along too but the bikes are almost out pacing them. But, one thing for sure is that everything costs more today.

So like stay in school dudes, cause like you make money and shit. and uhh like money is cool, like it pays for my bikes and stuff so I can kick it at WERA.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That was just scary...

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

All night skates were the best! skatin' backwards with your girl, damn i miss being 12.:mad:

8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

when was the last time you saw the neighborhood kids playing "smear the queer?"

or pickle?

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I think you just visited my life from 6th to 9th grade.:D

10. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

:up: :up: :clap:

That's what I don't get, why don't these kids that tote guns get the shit kicked out of them by the bullies?

11. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

:tut: They do, that is why they return with guns.

12. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

And this stupid foockin emo crap? "Man, this sucks" "Whatever" "I hate my life" I'm 24 as well and don't understand the kids of today. I'm not gonna go high and mighty, but I mean is this going to be a trend where each generation gets worse and worse? It seems like the soul of each generation is leaving and the spirit of being alive, passion and enjoying physical activity is being replaced with entertainment and voyeurism (What did Britney do today?) bs. For our society's sake I hope it is just a kink in the chain that can worked out, if not, there is going to a be no reason to live for most.

To add something else, why is there a title for everything nowadays? You're not slow, you're autistic. You're not weird, you're OCD. You're not sick, you have _____ dysfunction. And medication for EVERYTHING. Are you telling me that humans have unevolved in the past 15 years to the point that nothing in our body can function properly without the use of medications, supplements, etc? Eat right, work hard, play hard doesn't apply anymore?

Alright, rant over.

Damian

13. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

I understand that, but what ever happened to parents teaching courage and honor? Is that not done? Is it up to Oprah and Dr. Phil to lead us as a society? Get the f**k out here, I don't believe that. Humanity has not always had the current state of communication and has always done fine, now all of a sudden its impossible for us to function? I can't believe that. Kids need to get the f*ck away from the TV and seeing all this dumb shit and applying it and go out and live, not watch!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  14. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

I got my first french kiss from an older girl(7th grader) when I was in 5th grade at one of those all night skates and traded jackets with her... if I remember right you would wear your gals jacket and she had yours(they were black windbreakers with your name stitched on the back)... We also used to have speed skating races about 4 laps around the cones... if you had the 3/4 hightop speedskates with the 4 stripes on them you was the shit back then... Damnit... life was so simple back then..:rock:

15. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

And fun! Skating rinks were hook up central for me as well growing up. But I think I might stir something up by saying I was on 'blades, not skates.:eek:

Damian

16. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

R/C cola and some peanuts riding in the back of grandpas pick up truck going back to the campsite at the lake with the whole family for a whole week in the summer........

17. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

nah, i loved the "intellivision" and the atari. then nintendo. i played "RC pro-am" for weeks on end, trying to beat that cheating yellow buggy! there was no way you could go as fast as that car, it wasnt possible.

without getting too off topic, we have a few workers at our shop that are of the next generation, shall we say, and man, what a pitiful job they do. our builder just uncrates bikes, and puts them on the sales floor. and he cant even do that right. then he bitches about how he knows better than yamaha, and that that cable needs to be zip-tied down cuz a tree branch will hit it and youll lose control...nevermind the fact that the throttle doesnt return!

and when you offer help, he fukin bites your head off, all defensive as hell. but mommy bought him a acura integra...and it has a turbo...and wheels, and stereo...and...

18. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

...and should have slapped in the face instead and told him "Get a job and buy it yourself."

Damian

19. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

problem is, he sucks so bad at his job, but wants more than what i make as a mechanic...go figure. no wonder he is in a pissy mood all the time.

20. PushHands

PushHands Well-Known Member

great and funny as hell post! :crackup: