1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size leathers do I need???

Discussion in 'General' started by Homepro, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Homepro

Homepro Member

I am new to racing so I need some help. I need some leathers and here are my measurements.

I am 5'10" about 250lbs. I am a stocky person with wide shoulders, big butt and I wouldn't consider myself a fatt, fatt person but I could still lose a few pounds. Help me out please...

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

3. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm 240 and about 5'11.

I wear size 54 Teknic. The biggest thing is, I'd say you'll need to almost plan to have the sleeves, pants leg alerted. Also the knee sliders will be in the wrong spot. I'm "normal size" and that's what I had to do.

It's little loose without my back protector and it's a little tight with my back protector. :D

I'm planning to get a chest protector sometime, so it's diet time for me.

4. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Save yourself the time and effort and just have Barnicle Bill make you a suit.... Best money I have spent :)

5. TracksideGear

TracksideGear Faith On Wheels Fan

6. Homepro

Homepro Member

thanks for the help guys. I'll be in touch TracksideGear

Mike...

7. HappySV

HappySV Well-Known Member

I am also not suffering from anorexia - try Fieldsheer too, they make nice suits for the big boned. Not as common, but they are out there.

8. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

I am 6'4" and ~280. I have been very happy with my 54/64 Alpinestars suit. It fits quite well. My only gripe is that the calves are a little short. It is a bit tight with the back protector on, but only noticable getting in and out of the suit.

9. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

6ft 1inch and 225lbs....58 size in Motogp leathers and 60 in alpinstars. I did fit the 58 size alpines...but as I built more chest muscle, they didnt fit in that area.

10. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

riiiight. chest muscle, man boobs. whatever.

11. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I'm sorry...I dont acknowledge Novices;)

12. benprobst

word, novices are pussies.

13. keithnewton

keithnewton Member

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I didn't know you and Davie were in love, I thought you guys were just doing 'it':p

15. benprobst

Hell, i didnt even know we were doing it. glad someone let me know so i dont feel so used.