Where can i get a cheap pit board?

Discussion in 'General' started by buzzoman, Aug 6, 2007.

1. buzzoman

buzzoman Well-Known Member

Anyone know who sells pitboards and #'s under 300.00!! sheesh.. If you do can you forward me their info? Or anyone know anyone that has one they want to unload?

Thanks,

aj

[email protected]

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Dry-erase board would be cheaper, like the MX guys use.

Would that work?

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Why not use a $20 dry erase board AJ?

You come off cheaper, and you can custom make what ever message you need to have.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

its hard to read one of those dry erase boards at 100+mph. you gotta be really close to them too. you need something big with bold block #'s.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Can't you just write on a dry-erase board in bold block numbers?

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

You need a dry erase marker that can write w/ a 1" wide mark, minumum. If you have that, it works ok. Anything smaller than that and it's hard to read it at speed. We tried it once, and even though I have better than 20-20 vision, and I was only riding an SV, I still couldn't read it.

7. buzzoman

buzzoman Well-Known Member

Yeah the dry erase board is a bit hard to see. But i will definitely use that as a last resort. Best believe....

But i would really like to try to have a real pit board.. Just because you ARE broke doesn't mean you have to look like like on race day.. LOL..

aj

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have a LP pit board. Some of the pieces elastic has broken, but I have all the pieces. I believe it was $150 new. I'll take $75
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

take $45 for that POS Gary.

10. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Poor-mans pit board:

Arms outstreched = you've got a good lead
    Arms above head hands not touching = you've got a slim lead
    Arms crossed above head = hold onto your skirt, you're about to get passed!

Lap-timer tells the rest.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Nope, Agnes ripped me off 2 cans of U4 3 years ago for it. I just don't have the patience to restring it.

12. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

My wife and I have experimented with different things(OH boy, here it comes). THe dry-erase board is ok, like everyone said .....a wider marker is better.

Another one is two bright colored sticks held over the wall horizontally. If they are close together.....gap is close ....far apart.....you get the idea.

If she gives me the finger, Ive taken her to too many weekends in a row or Im goin to slow....LOL

13. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

PM sent.:up:

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Or does that indicate your reward after a good race? ;)

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I did a CCS team challenge race once, just for additional fun. I just shook an empty 2-gallon fuel jug over the wall to tell my partner to bring in the raggedy salvage SV we had borrowed from a friend.

We took second in class, beat guys with matching leathers and bikes and shit. That was hilarious.

16. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member