1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTO-ST At Iowa Speedway fiasco

Discussion in 'General' started by Phat Chance, Jul 14, 2007.

1. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

i understand, and i should have mentioned that. i'm simply saying that it might be a good idea for other organizations to adopt such practices, if nothing else than for rider peace of mind. just a thought...

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Agreed. :up:

3. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

4. AFMotorsports

AFMotorsports Well-Known Member

I hope you're not implying that I'm giving you "grief", it was a simple observation. After reading the article posted on RRW with all the negative comments from riders, it was a surprise to see "John Ulrich" on the Moto-ST advisory board. Like it or not, your name is basically synonimous with rider safety, so if an organization is sort of name dropping while they put on a race that draws such negative feedback from riders... well, you may want to think twice if your name should really appear on their "advisory board", particularly if that's based on one simple questionnaire from 2006.

See you at Laguna!

5. AFMotorsports

I am truly disgusted. Moto-ST actually FINED Parriott for trying to get riders to boycott the race at a track he strongly believed was unsafe??? I know Brian is a class act and would never say "I told you so", but I'm sure he's just sick to his stomach seeing his worst fears come true.

I wish both Higbee and Kcraget a speedy recovery.

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Hey, Jim France asked me to be on an ADVISORY board for a new series he was starting and I agreed. Nobody made me king of the deal. He wanted some advice on how it should be run, I gave it. Nobody asked me anything about where to run the races or how to run them. You and others are reading too much into it. If I recall correctly, I once did you a favor and answered some questions you had about something having to do with motorcycle road racing, so I guess if you do something somebody else doesn;t like, that will be my fault, too!

7. AFMotorsports

John, you're reading waaaay to much into what I wrote. Your name carries a lot of weight with racers. As far as I'm concerned, they're guilty of name dropping because by listing your name on the "advisory board", they're implying you have a lot more to do with the series than you actually do.

Hey, if you don't care, then I don't care either. All I know is that if I see your name associated with just about anything, I have higher expectations than if it wasn't there. Trust me, that's a compliment. And I know there are LOTS of other people that feel the same way.

btw, on my AFM Board of Directors position I don't go around telling people that "John Ulrich is one of my advisors" just so I can try to boost my credibility because we had a conversation about roadracing several years ago...

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

FUk........ Hope Kcraget is ok, and Higbee too.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  9. hey........i have family in NEWTON, IA I used to spend my summers there at my grandparents house.....if you drive down 1st avenue across from the skating rink........HONK.

Also, if you are there.......go eat at MAID Rite........you'll fall in love it.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

JU, keep doing what You are doing. Send Me Your blood pressure medicine bill, it will be taken care of.

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

OK, thanks. I should have known that.

14. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Post #39 of this thread for those who are counting......:rolleyes:

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Thanks for another informative contribution to the thread, RSDad. :up:

16. GO Newton Cardinals!!!

:beer:

17. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

MOTO ST seemed to be making such great progress. Then they go and commit suicide among the racer population. *sigh*

I was really hoping they had their shit together, because we all know how fucked up and broken the AMA is with no fix on the horizon.

When the fuck are we going to have a decent motorcycle racing series in the United States?

18. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

WERA is a well oiled machine when it comes to motorcycle racing in this country. By far the best series in this country..

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I really don't think you know what you speaking of.
    Moto-St has a long way to go. While WERA may not be perfect, it's by far the best, and mostly non politicial:p organization there is, when it comes to roadracing.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True dat :D