Mid-pipe for a Hamaguchi Exhaust... anyone sell em?

Discussion in 'General' started by buzzoman, Jul 10, 2007.

1. buzzoman

buzzoman Well-Known Member

I'm in a big bind. I crashed my GSXR 1000 that i bought from Vesrah at VIR a few weeks ago, and put a huge gaping hole in the mid-pipe on the Titanium Hamaguchi System.

Sudco, who sells them, says i can only buy a completely new full system and can't just buy the replacement mid-pipe and i find that hard to believe..

If anyone knows where i can get a mid-pipe or has one for sell for a Hamaguchi system please let me know..

Or if anyone can put me in contact with Lee Acree that would help also..

thanks,

aj

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

If possible have it repaired / have a new one made. Check with a Ti welder in your area or call SpeedWerks. They can make you one I bet.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sudco imports them so if they aren't offering them, you're pretty much F'ed in the A.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I hate being F'ed in the A :Poke:

5. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat. My highside at BeaveRun left the can mangled. I called Sudco and got the same story. I have the direct line of one of the Sudco sales guys I met at the Indy show and am going to give him a shot. If that doesn't work then I am just going to measure the mid-pipe diameter and buy a new can from someone who sells pieces/parts.

I like the exhaust, especially for the $850 or so they are asking for it, but how do they expect to sell them to racers when you can't buy spare parts?

6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

From what i hear graves is the same way!

7. buzzoman

yeah i guess they are not serious about increasing their business in the states.. Cuz this ain't the way to do it. I'll check with SpeedWerks on getting it repaired.. Thanks for the replies..

aj

8. Handicapped Racer

I'd hit up vesrah and ask Mark if he's got one lying around, Lee maintains the bike but Vesrah owned it and supplied all the parts, you may get lucky.

9. buzzoman

Yeah i finally did get in contact with Mark. he's gonna take a look for me..

10. Handicapped Racer

how big is the hole? you could find a welder here in Md that can Weld Ti