1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. MissiRN

MissiRN Well-Known Member

MARRKKK CHARLESSSS!!! That is AWESOME!
    Todd told me at dinner tonight and I had chills. See what the power of BBS Prayer chains can do. You continue to work hard and take it one day at a time. Your time will come, I feel quite sure about it. We love you and think about you OFTEN!

2. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Beautiful post, Mark!

3. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

Awesome news Mark! :clap:

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Thank you, God- Jehovah Rapha. Still praying for you brother.

5. Hodgson_100

Hodgson_100 Active Member

Mark, it just keeps getting better and better. Keep it up old man!

We've only met a couple of times briefly, but I'm so cheering for you. You've got such a great spirit, you're a true inspiration.

Hope you enjoy the photo. Got this last year at RA after your helicopter ride.

Can't wait to hear more about your progress, it's so exciting!

Take care,
    Lara

Attached Files:

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Damn that's awesome.

7. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

What a great picture! A big :up:

8. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

great news mark!! whatever you been doin, keep doin it.

9. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Lara!
    I've never seen that pic...its me and my new family (most of it...) I love it.
    Would you mind sending me a high res version please, I would love to print it out and frame it :)

mark_c_brereton @yahoo.com

Amazing to see it now...thanks so much :)

And thanks everyone else for the kind words - I love you all.

10. Hodgson_100

Hodgson_100 Active Member

Consider it done!

11. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

Congratulations Mark!! :up:

Praise the Lord for healing even when the doctors said He couldn't!

12. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

Mark-I just read that last update you posted a few days ago-thats awesome!!

We are continuing to pray for you bud!

13. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Mark, That is incredible news. I did not know this was going on. When Todd told me you had sensation and could pin point where they were touching you without looking, I thought, well......then he could eventually walk. I'm no doctor but I thought it was strange that the docs were telling you no on the walking. The mind is a powerful thing and I think, with your determination and toughness, you can make it happen. Believe it and it will happen. Good luck! You've got some work ahead of you, but you can do it!!:up:

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Hey Mark,
    Something you have to remember is doctors are just Human Mechanics, and just like the ones who work on bikes, some have strong opinions about things based on what they heard or read, and some just say "Hey lets give this a try and see what happens, perhaps it not as bad as it seems".

Good News is Good these days..:)

15. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I am sure that the docs also have to live by rules that don't get them sued in this day and age. Much like a mechanic can't pre-diagnose a problem then say that doing X will fix it. You can't tell someone that they will walk again without knowing that they will be capable. If the chance is there, I am sure the docs would rather err on the side of caution.

16. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Goose bumps reading this news! Glad to read it Mark!

Did they give you any special treatment for your spine when it first occurred? I've read that if you receive a certain type of injection within hours of the injury it can lessen the damage.

17. Great news! Now work your butt off!

Britt thats a good analogy. I have thought of them as mechanics myself after having been in the shop a few times:D

18. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Very cool news :up: It may be a hard road ahead, but never forget you have the suppport of the whole racing/bbs/www community in good times and bad.

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

now see, THATS what ive been trying to tell him!!! :up:

20. wera256

wera256 Well-Known Member

Mark,

Good news, keep pushing it.

John Higgins
    ISB #89