1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Race Day Pics

Discussion in 'General' started by Caper, May 25, 2007.

1. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Well round one for me at my regionals started May 12th weekend and it was a pretty good weekend and can only get better.
    For the photographers on here, I am going to post a few pics that are all I have right now, and there some with the watermark on them. The local guy doesnt mind if we use these ones and I actually have some on order from 2 of them.

Some of you might remember a few weeks ago I posted up some pics of my 06 GSX-R 600 race bike before i hit the track. Well the weekend of the 12th was Round # 1 for me.
    I had 3 races Amateur 600-Qualified 2nd, Amateur Superbike Qualified 2nd, and Amateur OpenSportbike-Qualified 1st. The one that the regional championship is based on is the AM Superbike.
    I finished AM 600 in 2nd, Open in 1st- WHICH WAS MY 1ST WIN EVER- -
    and the most important race-Superbike-I finished 3rd. I was right on the lead guy with like 4 laps to go and my fornt tire felt like it pancaked on me going into turn 2-which is a sharp lefty, I overshot and the 3rd place rider got by me. I caught right back up by the last half of the last lap but we ran into a cauiton and the race ended there.
    Next race I will win the Superbike race.
    I was losing some time on the back stretch due to not geting full throttle through a fast part of the track, so I was losing some major time there. I cured that problem by ordering a race throttle, so w'll see how that works.

Anyways sorry for all the blabbing, but somepeople may be interested in this story, I know I enjoy reading race related stories.
    Here's a few pics, nothing special but it's all i got for now. And there may be a couple with the photographers watercolour on it but he puts them on our local site for us to use and to order.
    !st one is me leading the race like I did all 3 for some time. The boys need to practice launching there bikes.
    # 7 is the guy who won 2 of the races, and I have my work cut out for me with him this season. :beer:

Attached Files:

2. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Way to go man, keep it :up: nice pics

3. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

nice pics. lookin solid :)

4. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Good looking bike.

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yeah eddie's not too bad,lol - i kid i kid. you did a fantastic job at the first round and i wish i was there to see it. keep rockin it like that and you will have great season ahead of you :beer: :up: ill talk to ya soon buddy, kent.

6. 04 R1Rider

04 R1Rider Well-Known Member

I was there with the guy, working the pits for 2 rounds, and I must say, this man is on a mission ! :wow: Congrats buddy, well deserved ! Bike looks and sounds awesome too ! :up:

Dave

7. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Hey, These pictures are way cool.:up: Are they for sale and where can I purchase? J/K:D

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

How did that bike pass tech? I don't see a WERA sticker on the side and those numbers are not legal according to the WERA Rulebook.

;)

9. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Sticker is only if you want to collect money, right?

10. photoDude

photoDude Well-Known Member

It is nice to give credit to the Photographer when you post em.
    Not required, just nice

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I see the MOTO-R cover but NO STICKER..no contingency for you..:)

12. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Whaaaat... LOL I didnt know there was contingency money for running the covers. I am in Nova Scotia Canada by the way guys so the Wera rules do not apply LOL. So Race dad i have had a couple of people asking what kind of covers they were.. Hows about that contingency money? :D And i never got any stickers! :beer:

13. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

fyi

14. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

meaning you won't get paid without the sticker. I don't know. I'm on my 2 bottle of vodka.

I do see a loophole on the photog ban here, though. If you can't post yourself, get a racer to do it.:D :Poke:

I like all the photos BTW.

15. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Hi jack. I need some of those super cool covers from MOTO-R. I think I'll pick some up at cycle jam. Bring right and left side to the track for me.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No Contingency for CANADA........sorry, perhaps next year.

Where should I send the stickers??

Rich, I will have plenty of stuff at CycleJam..:)