1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

In the picture are: from left to right:

Pat (Marks' Wonderful mum)
    Paul (Marks' cool dad)
    Kenny Johnson (long haired old hippy, aka KJohnson)
    Missi Clark (my better half)
    Chad Dupree
    Robyn Dupree (lil Isabella Dupree looking up at a very strange looking man)
    Andy Clark (my son and CW of the year 2006)
    Me (old bald guy)
    Lee Fields (complete with gimped up hands)
    And of course, the star of the show, MarkB himself. :D

2. Navin74

Navin74 Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

I only know you from the racing DVDs you produced. I admired your work and I admire your strength and courage now. Keep your spirits up and heal quickly.

Nathan

3. lump

lump Member

thoughts & prayers

mark,
    i met you once at barber about 1yr ago at a nesba trackday. i'm friends w/ chad c and was pitted next to you (you had your brand new r6 at the time.) it was a pleasure riding w/ you that day. friend of mine named doug going through a similar situation is at shepherds today and will stop by to see you. you're in my prayers and thoughts.
    -ron

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Mark - how do we go about scheduling time to come see you? Just show up?

5. EJ999

EJ999 Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,

We had the pleasrue of meeting at Jennings at the end of March where we were in line together at registration. The most fun I've ever had waiting in line. Remember the guy stealing the stickers?

Your attitude and spirit is amazing.

I have some stuff I want to sell on E-Bay the proceeds of which i want to donate to help you. I will be posting elswhere on the forum to ask for help in selling the stuff.

Stay tuned...

6. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

Hey Mark,
    I've been praying for you ever since I heard of the crash. I've been asking God to heal you completely and to give you the Grace to live in peace until he does. You have a great attitude and that sometimes helps as much as the Dr.'s. I'm sure that you'll have up days & down days, but always remember that you have friends that would love to hear from you, and be there for you on the "down" days. I would be honored to be counted in that group of friends and hope that you'll contact me when you need somebody to talk to. Remember that God is the rock and sometimes in life all we can do is cling to Him (Matthew 7:21-27) Know that we'll be praying for you, A Lot!

John & Philip Hart

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've been doing the same John. :) Prayers said daily.

8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Good talking with you on the phone mark! keep your spirits up and call me whenever you have questions and time.

9. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

mark, been thinking about you, pal. see you soon.

10. redline14k

redline14k Well-Known Member

True Class

Hi Mark. It is truly great to see you. I was very saddened to hear of your accident and injuries but I am glad to see that you are on the road to recovery. That's what it is, you know! I believe in a God who specializes in impossible, 3% chances and the like. I've been praying for you since day one and I'm gonna keep on praying for you until you walk up behind me one day and kick me in the behind! You are the good stuff. The guy that makes everything he's a part of better; and you know what, it doesn't matter whether you are riding or walking, you are still the good stuff!! You will still make whatever you are a part of better!!! We love you buddy.

Steve / Aaron

11. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

i just hope I would be as strong as you have been if I was in the same situation, my thoughts are with you and I hope you find some inner peace with yourself about what happened

12. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Hi Mark

I've never met you but I'm thankful to see the pictures of your smiles and read about your hope. God bless you Mark B. :)

13. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

Still thinking about you, and still praying as well.

14. krazy k

krazy k Member

wow....

mark... its me karen from work. so i have joined this racing web site knowing nothing about racing except for the fact that these are the most loyal bunch of people i have ever seen. i know not how else to get in touch with you but for this web site.

i have been reading these blogs on a daily basis since your accident. it is sooo good to see your pictures and read you blogs and feel your emotions. i have always been in aw of your zest for life... a chef on a yaght... a pilot... a motorcyclist. remember that time i followed you in at work and was amazed at you leaning that motorcycle on its side like that in the curves?? you said "you ain't seen nothin... you need to come to a race"!! Remember you me and Zed at chili's talkin about the time you took him up in an airplane??

Mark, You have always lived lifed to its fullest and i expect nothing less from you in the future. i can see you playing your guitar and piano but not just that... i see you producing racing videos.. writing books... whatever you set your mind to as always. i also remember you telling us you were in love with sam a few months back.... congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait to see you back in the office... we are all pulling for you!!!!!!

karen

15. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Karen!!! how wonderful to hear from you!! thanks for signing up here. i am going to write an email of thanks to everyone at Pirelli....and send it to PTNA-All, so they all read it.

Well I'm glad you can see the amount of support the racing community gives to its own. Someone that gets hit by a teenage driver making a dumbass mistake has to live with the bitter feelings of resentment, and has no support network - which is why I am so lucky. I CHOSE to ride a bike fast, and everyone that does knows the same could happen to them. There is no resentment from me to anyone, I dont even resent myself.

I am sharing a room with 3 other guys. they are ALL quadrapedics. They are all in a much worse state than me. they cannot do anything. I pray for them. It is kinda crazy in here to be honest. We have all these nurses running round, cuting up with the patients, but these guys are not in a good shape.

Sam showed up here yesterday. We love dreaming about the future, about making plans to stay in Rome. Shes going to move over with her 12 year old daughter, Olivia, and we'll get a different (one story) house somewhere in Rome. My plan is to come back to Pirelli, and zip about the office in my wheelchair. She will continue her teacher training course, and we will all live happily ever after. Her 18 year old son might even take my last name, which would be a real honor....:)

So basically i am really excited to get my life back. I have so much rehabilitation to get through to become 100% self-sufficient, and I might even be able to improve my condition too, which would be a big bonus.

I miss everyone at Pirelli. I miss being a racer, and all my friends at the track. This is not a life change that I would wish on anyone. BUT, its not that bad either. I have learned that family is the most important thing, along with real friends. I have learned that life is for living - and that risks are worth taking. i have learned that the air tastes so sweet when you are alive, and i have learned that money is worth nothing compared to the love people have for one another.

Karen, you and everyone at Pirelli are invited to my wedding at Barber racetrack on September 22nd. Its gonna be the most fun wedding we can thing of...maybe an honor parade of racebikes all revving as we walk down the isle? I say walk - we'll be on an ATV....its gonna be fun...:)

16. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

And to the other posters - thanks for all your kind comments. I derive all my strength from you guys.:beer:

I do have a fear though...and it is as follows:
    In so many ways, I represent every racers darkest fear. Aside from dieing, the next biggest fear has to be paralysis, right? I am the living, breathing, embodiment of everyones worst nightmare. I guess, I cannot do anything about that, and that it is very understandable. But I still want to go to races. But I dont want to be shunned at those races, or be considered "bad luck" to be around. It sucks, but there may be nothing I can do about this.

Basically, I guess what I am asking, is that everyone treats me like they always have done, and dont get freaked out by the chair.....I am still fascinated by racing, and always will be, and I will still love to share this with everyone else.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mark - we've had other racers paralyzed, being at the track has never been anything but good for everyone. No issues of bad luck or anything else. The biggest issue seems to be no one is really sure how to address the injury/chair thing or what's okay to talk about with someone hurt like you are. That and of course the normal embarrassment of the "glad it wasn't me" type feelings.

So basically, get your ass to the track. We can even put you to work once you're ready if you want.

18. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Mark- Get your ass out to the track! I have never had any poblems except like mongo said people being afraid to ask certain questions or how I would be being in the chair. Now they call me every race weekend asking if i'm coming. I give them all shit about how slow they are and strap my ass on that bike i'll show them how to ride they all love it and use it as inspiration.

19. Bridget

Bridget New Member

Sending up prayers for you!

Well, like your co-worker Karen, I know absolutely NOTHING about racing, but I've been reading this website daily since I got the phone call that Monday morning about your accident. So, I finally just decided to register myself so I could directly send messages to you!

There are SO MANY people here in Rome pulling for you, praying for you, thinking about you! Even people that have never even met you! I hope that God will give you peace, comfort and the strength to make it through no matter the outcome. I pray that God will give you focus and the determination to not give up. God uses situations like this. I am sure there is a reason. I pray that you will see the sun through the rain and know that you survived for a purpose.

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!! Wow - what a story!! You just never know what life is going to throw at us & the outcome that we will have. You have such an amazing attitude, but that doesn't really suprise me about you! Never have I ever heard a discouraging word from you about anything (well, except maybe about having to save me from your freezing pool! :) I just read one of your latest posts. You have done something that not many people can accomplish - you brought a tear to my eye when I read that Sam's son may take your name. Mark, that's so wonderful to hear. You are such a great guy & deserve a loving family. I know you & your new family will be very happy together.

Your Rome family is anxious to get you back here!! (We need somebody around here to keep us Romans cultured!) We sure do miss you!! Hopefully some of us will be able to make a visit to see you soon. Please keep us posted on ANYTHING you need us to take care of here. We are more than willing to help you any way we can!

Until then, head up young person!! NO racing wheelchairs in the hallway (b/c I'm sure you'd win & make everyone else look bad!)

See you soon! BRIDGE

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet. Mark gets hurt and we get more girls posting :D