Italy Honeymoon

Discussion in 'General' started by SaltyShark, May 10, 2007.

1. SaltyShark

SaltyShark Well-Known Member

Ok so I am taking the plunge and plan to go to Italy for the honeymoon. Any ideas? I am thinking Tusacanny....

2. marsolais

marsolais Banned

What ever you do, try and stay away from Naples! Huge organized crime area. This is the home of the Mafia! I'm not messen around either.

3. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

italy honeymoon , does that mean your taking her to deals gap on a new ducati?;)

4. matty-matt

matty-matt Well-Known Member

northern italy is absolutely beautiful, especially around lake como and the dolomite mountains. probably the best motorcycling roads on earth too! check it out!

5. SaltyShark

the whole contry is awesome....I would rather take a month off over there....but that isn't going to happen. So I need to make up my mine were to go....I like Vience also......I am thinking a Tuscanny B&B....I could use a quiet week.....but I also know a guy that works at Ducati in Bolona, so I need to get a hold of him for a tour and maybe a rental..:up:

6. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

oooo...i gotta pay attention to this one...i'm planning to take the wife to italy for a bike tour on our 20th anniv.

by the way...do a search...there was some talk about italy a couple months back.

i think this is the one i was thinking of

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  7. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Italy was where we spent our HM. If you have never been to Italy go to Rome, the Vatican is unbelievable. If you drive any just remember its like a novice 600cc race, no rules. We also enjoyed Vienice and Swizerland. Thats what you get when you have a Chinese woman reading a Italian map. Beware of the pick-pockets. Forget all I have typed just have a great time.

8. racerxxx96

racerxxx96 Well-Known Member

I go to sicily every summer and oh yeah NAPLES is famous for theifs, there mafia is called camorra if i remeber straight but there mafia is nothing compared to sicily... i know moms from naples and dad from sicily... :)

Anyway Venice is beautiful, Dolomiti mountains are also great. i lived in both siciliy and milan so both areas have there plus and minuses. Generally the North meaning milan area is flatter but with that you are also bout 3 hours from venice, 1 1/2 from switzerland, hour from lake como....nce areas but tuscany and south have the better landscape...oh yeah anywhere you go think with an open mind.

9. racerxxx96

food is also much different south is generally more olive oil based where as north is more cream based stuffed. northerners are generally not as friendly but in my experience most people are and up norht english is common where as southerners are more friendly but less english...

If you have a week id say tuscany and that region if possible i think the landscape food and everything is great... places i liked the most were of course rome, tuscany (firenze region) and venezia.... have a great time

10. When I was there, I stayed in Viareggio, which is a beach town on the west coast of Italy. Very nice town about 15 minutes drive from pisa if you want to see the leaning tower. Also if the timing is right and your wife is ok with it you might want to look into the ducati rideing experience, where you can ride a ducati on an italian track all day, with some great instruction.

11. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

Europe is ghey. The US is the greatest country in the world. Find some place cool on the US map that you haven't seen yet. If you see Pedrosa while you're in Europe, punch him in the vagina for me. Then rub your your vag smelling fist in Will Clarks face to un-ghey him up.

It's Friday. I'm full of it today.

Really, the entire area near the Swiss border is breathtaking.

12. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong in Rome ever. Florence is great for atmosphere and if you are into the Catholic or art history scene. Both places are full of tourists year round and you'll find it easy to get by. Learn the phrases for please, thank you, hello, bye and simple ordering because it will open people up to speaking to you in english. Public transportation is easy to use and efficient so best to use it.

I went to the Ducati factory in 2004 for the tour. Well worth it but no getting inside the Corse shop. Check the Ducati website for more info. The factory is in Bologna; a university and industrial town. Probably not a honeymoon destination but, i think, about two hours from Florence by train.

If you're looking for the Italian expeirence mixed with beaches and beautiful water than look into the middle and south coast of Croatia. Zadar in particular and some of the islands...

all depends on what you want to see and do

13. SaltyShark

I know we looked at going to Alaska, the most beautiful place on the Earth, but in September/October, the weather is in between seasons and not that great....I also am looking at buy 100 achers there for the hell of it....

Like i said I know a guy that works for Ducati there, and a really good friend of mine is a manager here at DNA, so I plan on taking a factory tour, but not a common folk one.

I am looking at a B&B in the Tuscanny area......anyone do that?

14. SaltyShark

15. sdg

sdg *

well aren't you special...:bow:

16. SaltyShark

Oh did I mention I sat next to Capirossi on the plane from Monterey last year....and got his contact info as well as one of Stoners mechanics......not that sir is special......:up: ....but not special ED:down:

17. sdg

sdg *

Allow me to quote myself.

Special u r .

:Poke:

18. SaltyShark

I grew up in the ghetto so it should say:

You be special

19. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

me and my gf are going to italy a couple of weeks to the motogp race, not really sure what to expect, but we have a motorcycle mecca trip planned. She is in to bikes also so it helps :)
    Has anyone been to that race that can give any advice?

20. racerxxx96

get ready for a whole difference experience.... the atmsphere is second to none... i have been to a few races there and well youll see!!!!!