Nelson

Discussion in 'General' started by owndjoo, May 6, 2007.

1. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Jezuss how did that happen?

2. Randy46

Randy46 ARNCHU Racing

Nate and I both had a really good time. It was fun racing with you guys!

3. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Had a blast racing in the A classes, hell I finished 3rd in two of the three on Sunday. Race 17 was kind of a clusterfuck because (except for 1st and 2nd place) the rest of the novices thought it was a two wave start and an expert in front of us stalled the start, so it kind of made for an interesting 8 or 9 second lead for the guys ahead of me, lol. Oh well, that's racing, right?

Damian

4. ruggerR1

ruggerR1 Well-Known Member

That was a great start to the season. Thanks to the Matt Kent, Halderman and a few others for showing me the fast way around the track! :up: Had a blast racing with you all! Looking forward to Grattan! Glad Ryan is okay. I was out in the top 5 group and we got the red flag and ambulance flag at the carousel and figured it was a multiple bike incident behind us. Glad everyone made out better than what it looked like at the time!

5. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

anyone got any sweet-ass pics of the racing action?

that would be just awesome. just awesome.

6. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

did I mention I'm the worse starter in the history of 600 racing? I think my bike has reverse. which is weird, cause it's not a goldwing.

7. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

haha, i feel ya there. Had a blast running with ya all day sunday. I really had no idea you were there in the last race, almost got me.:up:

8. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

I know you didn't know because on one lap in the back I got a better drive out of the carousel and tried to pass you in that little kink before the 'real' kink on the inside and you went right to the edge and I had a little pucker moment. And then normally, you were getting better drive out of 12 than me but on the checker flag lap I thought I'd still keep pushing anyway and I think you got a little lazy on the shifts or tried to wheelie on the bump or something so on that last lap I almost got you at the line. It was good fun.

Had a great time.

9. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

haha, yea i thought about pullin it up on the hump but decided not to, thankfully. The carousel was killing me, my forks are way soft and i was pushing the front pretty hard on the exit there, so i wasn't coming out of there too hard, idk how many people passed me right there.

10. photobutterfly

photobutterfly Photographer

I am working on the pictures and am trying to have them up by tomorrow for ya'll to view. Once they are up all you will have to do is go to: JenniferDitonaPhotography.smugmug.com

Remember thou that I mainly focused on the guys who contacted me about doing their pictures for them. I tried to get as many as I could of everyone else once I saw that I was the only photographer out there. So I hope I have at least one of each of you:up:

~Jennifer

11. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

well...how did you do? did you 'run up front with the experts'?

12. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

well if Up front=top 10 then YES! haha. i def. need some more power, i was gettin motored hard, actually pretty much anytime i got passed was on a straight, and I just didnt have any confidence in the front end after practice. Hopefully with a rebuild and some new springs i'll be able to put it where i want. That and get some race fuel and a map so i can move my big ass down the straights! Grattan will be a BLAST

13. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

that was crazy the HWT class was huge.. it was alot of fun. iam glad after 21 months of not racing. being back in it again just gonna take time getting back up to speed...

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Tell me about it. I haven't seen an expert HWT grid like that in years. It was nice.

15. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i wish i could take 6 months of riding, get back up to speed in 2 practice sessions, walk away with winning both solo's and all 4 yamaha money races.

bow down to "the man" of the weekend.

good job brent!!! :beer:

[​IMG]

16. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

from the great book of wera 9:14

"bennett is speed personified"

17. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

SHIT!!

you certainly found some speed this last weekend! congrats. looks like you were cookin!

18. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

Eddie was absolutely flying and he earned every .01 second. That guy works hard in practice.

19. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

its cuz he sits back and relaxes while his dad does all the prep/wrenching...... the rest of us get tired from doing it ourselves :D

20. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

You Fockers! I wish I was on the track! Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to getting my stuff together and mixin' it up! Have't ridden since August, but that' ok!