Auction for MarkB

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, May 3, 2007.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I'm putting up for auction a genuine Ben Spies HJC AC-11 carbon fiber helmet. The helmet is not a replica, it's a helmet that was actually worn by Ben early in his 2006 AMA Superbike Championship season. The helmet has slight signs of wear, and is autographed with Ben's signature. The helmet is custom painted by DDEF Designs in Ben's paint scheme of the period, with the "SPEEZ" logo on the back. Accompanying the helmet is a letter of authenticity by Hill & Calk of Longview, TX, dated June 22, 2006, that reads:

"This letter of authenticity is provided by the undersigned to certify that the HJC AC-11 Helmet ("Helmet") delivered with this letter is an authentic helmet owned and worn by Ben Spies of Speezracing, L.L.C. The signature located on the upper left portion of the Helmet is the authentic signature of Ben Spies."

The winner of the auction must send the winning bid amount directly to Mark, or to his designated agent, upon confirmation I will ship the helmet free of charge. This is a no reserve auction.

The auction will end on Friday, May 11, 2007, at 5 PM EDT.

Attached Files:

2. Knarf Legna

More.

Attached Files:

3. Knarf Legna

Last.

Attached Files:

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'll open bidding at $200.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Good on ya Frank.

$300

6. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Thank you Frank, i had thought about doing something like this, but wasnt sure on how to put it together, and just havent had the time the past few days to contact those that could.

You rock!! :up:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$500

9. the milk man

the milk man Well-Known Member

That thing is Sweet:up: Great Idea:bow:

10. maxim1

maxim1 officially gone GREEN..!!

very nice mr. frank...

$550

11. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Where is the bumpasaurus when you need him?

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

[​IMG]

Edit - Even though its a sticky now :D

14. maxim1

maxim1 officially gone GREEN..!!

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$700.

16. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

17. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

18. xtest

xtest Village Idiot

Frank.... Good on you! :up:

Wish I could afford to outbid the current bidder...That is one sweet piece of memorabilia that my son (who am I kidding - me!) would really enjoy!

I will make a donation in lieu of bid.

Whomever the lucky high bidder will be - Any chance of raffling it away for more funds?? :Poke: :beer:

19. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

you know, that thought crossed my mind while driving home. i would love to have this helmet, but that would probably end up being what i would do with it if i won. im sure there is some crazy fanatic that would love to have this helmet. now if this was a mladin helmet, theres no way i would let it get away from me.

but all in all, i just want to help out.

20. Knarf Legna

Thanks everyone who bid. Just wanted to clear up that I'm not sure that Ben wore this helmet in 2006 as I stated. I know that he used this paint scheme form most of 2005 before he switched to the unpainted CF HJC, and I thought that he wore it a few times after that. Here are a few photos of either this helmet or ones exactly like it from 2005:

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/2005mgp/lagunaseca/tim08/p08.htm

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/2005ama/atltest/05ratltest1/1-10.htm

If anyone wants to withdraw their bid as a result just PM me. It definitely is an authentic helmet that Ben wore, it has a few paint chips and light signs of wear, and the LOA is genuine. It's a great piece of rare memorabilia. Apologize if anyone was mislead.