Geometry. k6 600, ohlins rear shock/reworked forks.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by onepointone, Apr 30, 2007.

1. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

My forks and rear shock are in the mail right now and i only have one day to put them on and set up my geometry/sag/baseline settings before heading to summit point this weekend.

its a 2006 gsxr600, ohlins su647 rear shock, and ohlins valved front forks withOUT fork cap extenders.

what should my geometry be? i had my suspension guy set the shock at 320mm and he said to run my forks flush with the top tripple tree. i am running the michelin 1800 slicks. i had been running the stock shock (315mm?) and the front forks flush with the top tripple and it seemed to work pretty well for me. ive seen some guys running fork cap extenders, some guys running the forks sticking 5-8mm's out of the tripple?

also, set the sag at 40mm front / 30mm rear? on the stock springs/forks/rear shock i was running 38mm front and 30mm rear.

just wanted to compare what other people are running compared to what he said to start off with.

2. boilermaker

boilermaker Well-Known Member

I'm no help but curious about the same thing. I just recently setup my 07 GSXR 600 with Traxxion Ak-20 internals and Thermosman Penske Triple. I bolted them on setup with stock numbers from Traxxion and the way mike sat the rear. And it was so much better than stock I haven't played with it any yet.

3. kaneohekid

kaneohekid Registered Abuser

I have an 06 gsxr 600 I have AK 20's with cap extenders, my AK's added about 3mm to the stock length and I dropped them another 2 mm so that I have 13mm of the cap extender showing (I have GP suspension caps http://www.gpsuspension.com/products/newproducts.php ). On the rear I have an Elka triple with a 5mm spacer seems to work good for me:up:

I'm running Dunlops w/ 190 rear (the really tall ones!!)

4. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

hey kane, where did you get the spacer? was the ride height adjustment not enough?

I am interested in that elka shock and wanted to hear your feedback on it

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You should give CarrMoto a call. They're based out of Indianapolis. He's got a lot of experience working on my bike and I've got an AK-20 up front too. Haven't dealt with the fork extensions (yet) but we can get the thing to go anywhere on the track.

Ring 248.408.9971

6. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I'm on the stock suspension components, and I'm running about 7mm taller in the front, and 6mm spacers in the rear. I need to add a little more height to the front end. I can probably go to +9mm before needing the fork cap extenders. I've been hearing that the ideal setup is around +12mm up front, and about +9mm in the rear. This is on Power Races... Dunlops would be a bit different.