High power air rifles

Discussion in 'General' started by GStar, Feb 23, 2007.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Have you ever tried any of the low noise 12 ga. shotgun shells? I've wondered about those for snake control, but hate to waste the money if they still have an earth shattering kaboom.

2. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/ has a lot of good information on scopes. I got a simmons atv 4.5-14x40 AO scope a while ago for my highly modded 10/22 that has worked out great and was cheap on e-bay at the time. Although I think they've discontinued that model.

3. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

4. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Inside my house? yea I was 1st.:D

5. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

A little steep for me, besides running around with a rifle and a scuba tank strapped to my back might draw too much attention. :D

6. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

rws is the way to go--i have a small less powerful one for non lethal stray dog control and a "big" one for ....well, long range non lethal stray dog control, both .177 [flat trajectory] the germans take their bb guns REAL seriously

7. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Any thing under the $200 range?

8. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Benjamin Franklin .22 pellet gun......High but woth it.
    Subsonic 22lr.......way to go if you dont feel like pumping up an air gun.

10. Tinfoil hat charly

used to be...today i don't know...but you will never wear it out--you'll be able to pass it on to your children.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I paid a hundred bucks for that Daisy.

12. Tinfoil hat charly

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the days of "it's just a bb gun" are long past with the speed and power of the pellet rifles. Too easy to compare them to a .22 if you are in front of a jury and in trouble.

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

can you actually use it out to 14x?

I just bought a 3-9x simmons for my 10/22. I haven't shot with it yet, but around my house, I can't see crap at 9x. It looks really good up to about 7x, though.

15. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

We would practice with my .22 rifle in the house when my Dad was downstairs. He knew we were doing something up there on the 3rd floor but was probably too afraid to come check. It is an AMT with a folding stock and 50 rd banana clips. I still have the double trigger setup so it fires on the pull and push.

BUT, for the City, I would stick with air and pellets AFTER you put out little dishes of beer in the attic to slow them down a bit.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

If you really want some excitement, go up in a utility bucket truck and poke at the nest with a long stick.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Check your local ordinances BEFORE you pop of with an air or spring gun. Nowadays many municipalities class them the same as firearms.

18. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

check on a crossman or gamo. The gamo is the more top of the line in air rifles.

19. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

22 cal colibre uses the explosion of the primer:up:

20. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

Not really, but it was cheap and the AO is nice to try and get that dime size hole of 10 at 50yds. I can use it around 9-10x at the range though and can still see clearly. However I have in the works a 22mag .17HMR conversion that I plan on putting that scope on. I've got a 200yd range local and hope to be able to use more of the scope then.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007