Tall, skinny guy leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by mcoker, Feb 6, 2007.

1. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for some new leathers... but I've lost a bunch of weight since my last pair. I'm about 6', 145-150lbs. I wear a size 40/50 jacket pretty well. I used to fit size 42/52 leathers (Spidi Norrick), but I think they'd be a little big now in the arms, waist, legs, etc. I tried on a size 40 Teknic suit the other day, and it fit well, but was wayyy too short (tons of pressure on the shoulders/crotch). Any suggestions?

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I have a set of 44/54 Spidi Noriick' for sale now. You are about the same weight as I am during the season (Momma fattened me up for the winter months). With my spine protector they fit OK with the stock back pad left in.
    42/52 Teknic Violator fit me awesome.

3. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

Cool. I having worn the 42/52 Norrick before with a back protector before, about 15-20lbs heavier, and they fit a *tad* loose, I think the 44/54 would def be too big. Cool about the Teknic tho, my dealer only had the 40/50 in stock, so that's all I could try on. The 42/52 seemed like it would fit. I'll head up there now and see if they have one in now. Thanks!!

4. Morph_of_tc

Morph_of_tc Well-Known Member

6'5" 185 wet. Alpinestar size 56

5. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I went from I Spidi Fighter to a Komodo FX. I'm 6' and 160lbs. A 44 Komodo fits me perfectly with my back protector on. The legs and arms seem a little more snug than the spidi as well. You might be able to do a 42.

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Skinny People Unite!!!!!!!!!!! :D

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

to make at least 1 solid man. :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Kushitani. I forgot what size mine was, but I'd say they will have what you need.

9. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had a buddy with Kushitani, big tall/skinny guy. I totally forgot about that. I'm gonna check them out.

10. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

:stupid:

5'11 145 lbs, Kushitani off the rack fits perfectly. Mine are US "Medium" dragons, but I think they're changed their sizing method recently.

- Roach

11. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

6'1 165.
    Alpinestars Euro 50 fits perfectly off the rack.
    Call Rob at Lithium 712.546.7747 he'll do the exchange thing until you find a size that fits. :up:

12. TracksideGear

TracksideGear Faith On Wheels Fan

Here's the sizing chart for Komodo's Leathers SIZING CHART
    Let me know if we can help with set for you.

13. nig

nig Well-Known Member

How the hell do you fit a size 40 at 6'1"? It's not short anywhere? The armor is in the right places? Can you stick your knee out comfortably?

14. Roach

I couldn't stand up straight in a pair of Alpinestars 40/50s! And I'm only 5'11.

- Roach

15. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

I emailed newenough (they seem good w/ sizing) and they said the 40/50 would def. be too short. What's your inseam?

16. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

Sweet. that sounds like me. I'm more 145 than I am 150 :)

17. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

Actually... yeah, looks like the sizing must have changed.
    http://www.kushitani.com/size/

The medium is 5'4" - 5'7" :down:

18. Roach

I'll double-check them when I get home, but I'm pretty sure they're size medium from about 5 years ago. I had heard they had changed their sizing method, but I don't know that they've changed the leathers themselves - just how they label them.

We don't sell Kushitani, I got mine from MARMO, but again ... this was several years ago. The things hold up really well, I think I've crashed in them like 5 times.

- Roach

19. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Sorry - brain fart...
    I'm a 52, not a 50.
    When I was measured for a custom suit at Dainese in Italy I was told that I was a 'long 50' but that's when I was even skinnier believe it or not...
    That's where I got the number 50 from...

20. mcoker

mcoker Well-Known Member

Ah, that sounds right then. You've got about 20lbs on me :)